2008 MK Compass question(s) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 MK Compass question(s)

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 09-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
ArmyBum
2008 MK Compass 

2008 MK Compass question(s)

So, brand new to the forums here , but I've been browsing around trying to find what I'm asking about for a week or so now.. Here goes.

I've got a 2008 MK Compass Sport, FWD 5-speed with the 2.4L I4. Recently - and unfortunately after my last trip to get the oil changed/"complimentary" inspection - I've been noticing while sitting at stoplights or stopsigns, I sometimes get a sudden drop in RPM's. Usually sits right around 7-800, and dips to around 450-500 before it idles back up again. From what research I've done so far, I'm led to believe that I likely need to clean the IAC valve and/or the throttle body(hopefully not replace either). So the biggest question I have, since so far I haven't been able to search out any info - where the heck is the throttle-body/IAC on the 2.4L? I saw a really handy write-up on how to clean/what to use somewhere else on these forums - although for a Gran' Cherokee 4.7L. I suspect it's not all that different, as far as process goes. Just looking to find the thing.

Secondly, I recently changed out brake pads on the front/shoes on the back. Lucky me, they lasted almost 55k miles. However, now, even after probably 1200 miles on the new stuff - I get a squeak at a certain part of revolution of the wheels. Fairly certain it's coming from the driver side, but can't really tell if front or back - and it only happens at low speeds. Typical shortly before coming to a stop, or if creeping while waiting for traffic to take off after light turns green. I'm really, really hoping that I don't need to swap out the rotor(s) in the front or Drum on the back. Thoughts?

And lastly(for now), I've read on here about some "procedure" involving turning the ignition to the "on" position but not starting it.. pressing down the gas pedal to the floor, letting it up slow, chicken dance, click heels - viola, this resets some fancy computer learning deal for how you drive. Is this only for the CVT, or is this something that is the same for all transmission/motor combinations?

Thanks in advance for any input!

-Matt

edit: Noted it's a Sport, vice Limited.

Last edited by ArmyBum; 09-05-2013 at 12:20 PM..
ArmyBum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.