2008 jeep patriot 4x4 limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 jeep patriot 4x4 limited

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
littlediver63

2008 jeep patriot 4x4 limited

Hi, I just bought my first jeep, its a pre owned 2008 4x4 limited. My problem is I've only had it for 2 months, and only use it locally, all in-town driving. I recently noticed a lot of swaying, almost like the front end was floating side to side periodically. After bringing it to the business that handles the extended warranty, I just to found out that the problem is with the rear control arm and the cost of repair is going to set me back 800.00. I've only put about a 1,000 kms on it since owning it. The company that I got the extended coverage from is saying they don't cover repairs unless the part is worn. any suggestions??? I'm very frustrated that I have to put this kind of money into something I just bought and the fact that I forked out an extra 2,000 for an extended warranty for nothing!!!

littlediver63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I question your extended warranty. Might be able to return it for a refund.

Control arms can be had in the US from moog for about $100 each side. and the install isn't too painful.

You used KM's so I assume you are out side of the us. But I would look for a vendor that sells the moog control arms and will ship to you.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.