2008 jeep patriot 4x4 limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 jeep patriot 4x4 limited

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
littlediver63

2008 jeep patriot 4x4 limited

Hi, I just bought my first jeep, its a pre owned 2008 4x4 limited. My problem is I've only had it for 2 months, and only use it locally, all in-town driving. I recently noticed a lot of swaying, almost like the front end was floating side to side periodically. After bringing it to the business that handles the extended warranty, I just to found out that the problem is with the rear control arm and the cost of repair is going to set me back 800.00. I've only put about a 1,000 kms on it since owning it. The company that I got the extended coverage from is saying they don't cover repairs unless the part is worn. any suggestions??? I'm very frustrated that I have to put this kind of money into something I just bought and the fact that I forked out an extra 2,000 for an extended warranty for nothing!!!

littlediver63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I question your extended warranty. Might be able to return it for a refund.

Control arms can be had in the US from moog for about $100 each side. and the install isn't too painful.

You used KM's so I assume you are out side of the us. But I would look for a vendor that sells the moog control arms and will ship to you.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.