2008 Jeep Compass seatbelt warning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 Jeep Compass seatbelt warning

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
buddy7293

2008 Jeep Compass seatbelt warning

Does anyone know how to disable the annoying seatbelt warning in a 2008 Jeep Compass? I found this URL below for an 07 grand Cherokee, but it doesn't seem to work on the 08 Compass.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...Grand_Cherokee

buddy7293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

sure - wear your seatbelt!

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
g00tch
2008 MK Patriot 

Seatbelts save lives! It did mine!
g00tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Stargazer79
2008 MK Compass 

Still walking and breathing today thanks to a seat belt. :>

~No Longer Breathlessly anticipating my '08 Rallye, now just enjoying the [Expletive Deleted] out of it.~
Stargazer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I can post the link on caliber forums when I get home. Give me about an hour, I just fixed mine today.
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
merlinTec

CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE

NOTE: The following sequence of events must occur within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the ON position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except ON or START to toggle the BELTMINDER feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
ARONO 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec View Post
CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE

NOTE: The following sequence of events must occur within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the ON position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except ON or START to toggle the BELTMINDER feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Merlin
That's good to know. I know seatbelts save lives but that beeping is annoying.
ARONO 129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
buddy7293

Thanks a bunch for that info, Merlin! That worked like a charm.
buddy7293 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.