2008 Compass Tire Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2008 Compass Tire Issues

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
Autocar
2011 KJ Liberty 

2008 Compass Tire Issues

It came through with Firestone Affinity`s which did not please me one bit. They rode & handled extremely poorly. Swapped them for a set of Michelin Hydro Edges, dealer was great gave me $200 trade in credit for the stones plus installed them for free. Big difference in ride & handling. Anybody else have tire issues ?

Autocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
03silversport
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My girlfriend has a dodge caliber (i.e. compass), and i believe she is having some tire "cuping" issues. I have done a little research on the net and have found that others are having the same problems. Her caliber is louder on the road than my TJ with 33" MT's! i guess i have to spring for a new set of tires?
03silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
tkn1437
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the sahara with the (255/70R18) tires and 18" rims and cannot find a good off road tire in this size for it. looks like if I want a good tire like the BF Goodrich MT than I will have to get a lift. I hate to mess up my smooth ride. sux bad.
tkn1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

ya I haven't had many problems with them...but they seem kinda louder than they need to be, but i'm used to performance tires that I had on my neon...
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03silversport View Post
My girlfriend has a dodge caliber (i.e. compass), and i believe she is having some tire "cuping" issues. I have done a little research on the net and have found that others are having the same problems. Her caliber is louder on the road than my TJ with 33" MT's! i guess i have to spring for a new set of tires?
Her MK (Caliber/Patriot/Compass) needs to be checked out by an alignment shop. There are a couple of things that cause cupping and a good shop should be able to diagnose and fix it. Once the tires are cupped, they are noisy as heck. The only fix for the noise is replacement....
Unread 07-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRoad View Post
Her MK (Caliber/Patriot/Compass) needs to be checked out by an alignment shop. There are a couple of things that cause cupping and a good shop should be able to diagnose and fix it. Once the tires are cupped, they are noisy as heck. The only fix for the noise is replacement....
technically, "Caliber" is NOT an "MK", but rather a "PM" platform.

while it's a fact that the Caliber shares many of the same chassis and drivetrain components, it would be like saying that a PT Cruiser and a Neon 'are the same'.

but the fact is that only the Compass and Patriot are considered "MK"s.
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
technically, "Caliber" is NOT an "MK", but rather a "PM" platform.

while it's a fact that the Caliber shares many of the same chassis and drivetrain components, it would be like saying that a PT Cruiser and a Neon 'are the same'.

but the fact is that only the Compass and Patriot are considered "MK"s.
I stand corrected. I should have said her PM/MK.....
(When you are under a Caliber and you look up, you would swear that you are under a FWD Compass or Patriot, thus my error. I will say that the Caliber feels very different than a Compass or Patriot when driven so the different designation is likely appropriate...)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.