2007 Patriot & 2007 Caliber RT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2007 Patriot & 2007 Caliber RT

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
pafishman
2007 MK Patriot 

2007 Patriot & 2007 Caliber RT

I just got off the phone with Chysler Corp. about replacing both tie rod ends and ball joints on both 07 vehicles which have the same undercarriage. Both were bought new & had under 35,000 miles, they seemed suprized and told me that they haven't had many complaints about this... I told them that was BS that the dealer even mentioned that they were aware of this problem, but again not that many complaints. They did give me a case # and I'm waiting on a reply. I know of others that had to replace these, but are they complaining ?

pafishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I'm sure that is a standard response. This is a well documented problem. I wonder if the Dart will be built better. I like those.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I guess those ppl don't read the forums.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
pafishman
2007 MK Patriot 

Well I fought the Chysler Corp. on this matter for two weeks and lost....they had the balls to tell me that since the work was not done @ a dealer and that I used NAPA parts and not their parts I was sh&t out of luck. I asked the lady on the phone if she would pay 2 to 3 times the amount for the parts and pay $75.00 + a hr for one of their qualified mechanics, she said yes and I told her BS ( I had faxed all the bills to them). All I can say is that I'll never buy another Chysler vehicle as long as I live, and that is what I told them on the phone, I've been buying their products since 1974. NO MORE !!!!
pafishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

Yes, one part goes wrong and you say forget the whole brand. *sigh* Whatever. Every brand has their issues, that is a relatively minor one compared to most.

You made a mistake by expecting them to cover the repair and not using their parts or labor. Thats like replacing a failed Sony TV with Samsung version, and then expecting Sony to pay for the Samsung. Under warranty or not, Sony may repair or replace their TV, but not with a competitor's product.
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I know of no manufacturer that will covers anothers warranty or any shop that will give you free labor on replacing parts that you furnished that went bad.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.