2007 Patriot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2007 Patriot

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
crhawk

2007 Patriot

Hey guys, the drivers side headlight went out. I replaced the bulb, still isnt coming on. I switched the driver and passenger bulbs, but the drivers side is still out. I went to the fuse box, and pulled the fuse for the head lamp (cavity 36, 30 amp pink) but the passenger headlight was still on. Now, when i pulled the fuse, shouldnt both lights go out?do i have the wrong fuse, or do you guys have any other ideas? Thanks!

crhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Silly question perhaps, but your blinker isnt on is it? Lightsgo out with blinker on.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
crhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
Silly question perhaps, but your blinker isnt on is it? Lightsgo out with blinker on.
The turn signal still works, if thats what you mean.
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

No i mean your headlight/daytime running lamps will go out on whichever side the blinker is on, while on.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
crhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
No i mean your headlight/daytime running lamps will go out on whichever side the blinker is on, while on.
The headlight never comes on, neither as daytime running or as a headlight when i turn them on.
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
crhawk

Alright so after a few weeks of driving around with one headlight out, i finally got around to replacing the socket, as well as a couple of inches of wiring. I now have a working highbeam, but not lowbeam. Any suggestions?
Unread 09-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
ddavidv
2008 MK Patriot 

These cars have a (stupid) electronic controller for the headlamps that can sometimes fail. It's a brain box type thing under the hood. You may need a dealer to diagnose it for you. If it's bad, bend over and grab your ankles...I think the part is around $800. One of the reasons I'm so thrilled Daimler no longer has any part in Chrysler.
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by crhawk View Post
Alright so after a few weeks of driving around with one headlight out, i finally got around to replacing the socket, as well as a couple of inches of wiring. I now have a working highbeam, but not lowbeam. Any suggestions?
Try rechecking the rest of the wiring/circuits/harness between the TIPM and the bulb.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.