2007 models? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-09-2012, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
aroundincircles
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

2007 models?

I am looking for trail rated patriots. I've been determining them on websites based on 2 things, does it have tow hooks, and does it have the low range gearbox? for 2007, it seems like even the non trail rated jeeps have the low range vs. the shift lever, is that correct? should i be basing it off if the vehilce has tow hooks only?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Actually, the L on the shifter (I'm assuming here that you're talking about the CVT-2 & not the 5-speed) is to keep the transaxle in it's lowest gear ratio, as it is with regular "geared" transmissions. The trail rated Patriot's "first" gear is a lower ratio than the standard model so you can crawl at extra low speeds without over reving the engine. Come to think of it, I don't remember if the 2007 Patriot had a trail rated version. Anyway, no 2x4 or 4x4 Pats came with tow hooks except in trail rated. They could be added by owners later. Hope this helps some.

"There's gold in them hills" (and I'm still stuck in Florida!) ...well, in south Miss now, lol

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
festerw

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You are correct that all 07 Patriots had the L on the shift selector.

Hers - 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7 4x4
Mine - 2003 Jeep Wrangler X
post #4 of 5 Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 AM
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I argue that not only the first gear is the lower ratio on TR Patriots. There is a reason that Trail Rated ones run at 3,000 RPM at Freeway speeds and Non TrailRated ones are about 2,000. All the ratios are different.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It's the transaxle that has the lower final drive ratios not the transmission itself giving you a lower ratio in all gears, i.e. the ring and pinion. The '07 Patriots did NOT have an AutoStick option so they all will have an 'L'. The Skid Plates, tow hooks, off Road medallion on the drives side fender and the engine oil cooler could all be added even though most ppl would not go to that much effort.

The absolute best way, if you question it, is to take the VIN to a dealership and have it run. See if it says FD II, CVT2L and the options just mentioned.

Bob

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.