2007 models? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2007 models?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 03-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

2007 models?

I am looking for trail rated patriots. I've been determining them on websites based on 2 things, does it have tow hooks, and does it have the low range gearbox? for 2007, it seems like even the non trail rated jeeps have the low range vs. the shift lever, is that correct? should i be basing it off if the vehilce has tow hooks only?

aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Actually, the L on the shifter (I'm assuming here that you're talking about the CVT-2 & not the 5-speed) is to keep the transaxle in it's lowest gear ratio, as it is with regular "geared" transmissions. The trail rated Patriot's "first" gear is a lower ratio than the standard model so you can crawl at extra low speeds without over reving the engine. Come to think of it, I don't remember if the 2007 Patriot had a trail rated version. Anyway, no 2x4 or 4x4 Pats came with tow hooks except in trail rated. They could be added by owners later. Hope this helps some.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You are correct that all 07 Patriots had the L on the shift selector.
Unread 03-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I argue that not only the first gear is the lower ratio on TR Patriots. There is a reason that Trail Rated ones run at 3,000 RPM at Freeway speeds and Non TrailRated ones are about 2,000. All the ratios are different.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It's the transaxle that has the lower final drive ratios not the transmission itself giving you a lower ratio in all gears, i.e. the ring and pinion. The '07 Patriots did NOT have an AutoStick option so they all will have an 'L'. The Skid Plates, tow hooks, off Road medallion on the drives side fender and the engine oil cooler could all be added even though most ppl would not go to that much effort.

The absolute best way, if you question it, is to take the VIN to a dealership and have it run. See if it says FD II, CVT2L and the options just mentioned.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.