2007 Jeep Patriot w/wet floors?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2007 Jeep Patriot w/wet floors?!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
emo

2007 Jeep Patriot w/wet floors?!

I just got a new 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4X4 a couple of days ago and have noticed that the floor is wet behind the passenger seat and in front of the driver seat!! I can't figure out why since I haven't even driven it in the rain yet. This morning I noticed that the carpet is soaked in the corner by the passenger rear door. Just the floor not the top part. I've read about Wranglers and Grand Cherokees having problems with the A/C drain plug. Has anyone else encountered this? I'm going to call the dealer and see what they have to say but I wanted to have an idea of where the problem is first.

Help...this doesn't look good to already have a problem in less than 1 week of having the vehicle. I just traded in a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4 and I didn't have any problems with it!!

emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

May be related to this?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/jeep-compass-windshield-condensation-311834/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
emo

Thanks, I'll be sure to mention it to the dealer when I take it in for service. Someone else on another forum mentioned it could be a problem with the A/C drain plug. I was parked on a driveway that has quite a steep slope too so that could be part of it. My thing is that it shouldn't be happening at all no matter where I park. Do you think this will be a sign of more problems to come?
Unread 09-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

No it shouldn't be a sign, just an isolated problem. We haven't run into to many consistent problems at all. The dealer just needs to check it out.

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
emo

Well that's good to know. I figured the reason I didn't have any problems with my Liberty is because it was an 04 and had a couple of years for them to work the bugs out!! I must say that I sure do love Jeep products!! I hope my Patriot will be as good to me as my Liberty was but with much better gas mileage!! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!!
Unread 09-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
emo

Well I went to the dealer today and may have found an interesting bit of information. It's to early to tell right now if my problem is fixed but it may be caused by where the seam in the weather stripping is located from the factory.
The service tech found the seam was located halfway up the door frame instead of on the bottom by the rocker panel (is that the right name?). Anyhow, they think that water was just running in through that seam so they re-installed the weather stripping so that the seam is on the bottom like every other vehicle that comes from the factory. I'll keep you posted and let you know if that has fixed my problem.

On a side note there is a TSB to correct the license plate from rattling when you close the tailgate. I was concerned that it would eventually mess up the paint. They ordered the parts to correct it so that was good!!
Unread 11-17-2009, 06:49 AM   #7
dirtyjeepgirl69
1995 XJ Cherokee 

well good to no about the license plate, i have been wondering if that could be corrected without manufacturing something myself
dirtyjeepgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

For all of our new folks, and reminder to others, we have a link to the TSB's and other cool links up in the stickies.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/q...s-more-519045/

Unread 11-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
parajeep
2007 MK Compass 

Wet floors

I had the same problem. Turned out to be leaking in through the top of the rear hatch. From the rubber fitting through which the defrost/satellite radio runs.
It would drip from the rear dome light. My passenger rear floor and spare wheel well were soaked.
Fixed by dealer no cost.
parajeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.