2007 Jeep Compass TIPM ISSUES??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2007 Jeep Compass TIPM ISSUES???

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
dursties
2007 MK Compass 

2007 Jeep Compass TIPM ISSUES???

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass and have recently been having some issues that I am now relating to the TIPM box, please tell me what you think.
1) The gas cap light would come on, dealer/service center found nothing but reset.
2) The ABS/ESP light would come on and off in any kind of weather, sometimes it stays on. Dealer/service didn't find a problem.
3) The passenger side low beam went out, had dealer/service replace.
4) Following week the driver side low beam went out. Auto Zone went to replace it and it started working again, two hours later it wasn't working again...replaced it.
5) The front windshield wipers quit working, then only works on the highest setting but moves very slowly. Bought new replacement wiper motor and that wasn't the problem!
6) Checking fuses and not finding any bad ones... but noticed the the box is loose
After doing some research I think that I have a problem with the TIPM...Could this be the problem? Have read that others have had the same issue. HELP! ~dursties~

dursties is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I was going to respond to this earlier but ran out of time. I hate to 'shotgun' problems, too expensive! The first thing I'd look for is a bad connection or ground wire up around or coming from the TIPM. TIPM's are cheap but it may end up being that is the problem.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
dursties
2007 MK Compass 

Tipm

Thanks for your input, it is the same thing that I have been reading about. I have made an appointment at the dealership and told them what I have experiencing along with the research that I have come up with. I am prepared NOT to pay an arm and a leg for this problem.
Thanks again for your reply!
dursties is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
MelissaMahoney
2007 MK Compass 

I have problems as well

I have a 2007 Jeep compass and have had nothing but problems. As for as I am concerned it is a POS!!!! I have put over $5000 in repairs into it after the warranty. For a 6 year old car that is ridiculous. I have had it parked for 4 months now because I still owe money on it and don't want to put anything else into it. Even if I sell the POS I won't get more than I owe. I NEED HELP!!

Not to get into all the details of what I have repaired, but the biggest problem is the electrical sensor problems. I brought the car to a mechanic for check engine light and possible relation to TIPM. Cause was a faulty TIPM and was replaced by the dealership for $1125.68. 7 mos later my car acts up again and now it will not even start!! I replaced the battery last week and the car wouldn't start. I boosted it and voila a working car. Turn it off and nothing!! I cannot even unlock the doors. It has a mind of its own, the wipers went off by themselves, radio. Could the TIPM be the problem again?
MelissaMahoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
rbmarone

Tipm

What ended up being your problem here? I am having a similar issue and they are saying that it is probably my TIPM. Expensive fix for it to be PROBABLY my problem.
rbmarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #6
pobednik18
2008 MK Compass 

I had pretty much the same problems as earlier posters. Servicer diagnosed bad TIPM and bad relay block, and replaced it. It occurred last summer, and since then, i havent't had any electronic issues.
Realy block was replaced with used one, but TIPM was new and cost about 500€ (670$). I suggest you to try to find used, but functional, one.
pobednik18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
bcrosby21

I'm having a terrible problem with my 07 jeep compass. While drivi. Down the road, it will make a horrible "pipe busting" sound and then die in the middle of the road. I have replaced the starter 4 times and something keeps burning it up. I can't figure out what keeps making the starter run. I've tried a new ignition...I'm running out of ideas. I see you all talking about TIPM. Was that a ridiculous expense in fixing? My mechanic suggested that today as he is running out of ideas also.
bcrosby21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.