JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   2007 Jeep Compass TIPM ISSUES??? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/2007-jeep-compass-tipm-issues-1489814/)

dursties 03-07-2013 06:43 PM

2007 Jeep Compass TIPM ISSUES???

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass and have recently been having some issues that I am now relating to the TIPM box, please tell me what you think.
1) The gas cap light would come on, dealer/service center found nothing but reset.
2) The ABS/ESP light would come on and off in any kind of weather, sometimes it stays on. Dealer/service didn't find a problem.
3) The passenger side low beam went out, had dealer/service replace.
4) Following week the driver side low beam went out. Auto Zone went to replace it and it started working again, two hours later it wasn't working again...replaced it.
5) The front windshield wipers quit working, then only works on the highest setting but moves very slowly. Bought new replacement wiper motor and that wasn't the problem!
6) Checking fuses and not finding any bad ones... but noticed the the box is loose
After doing some research I think that I have a problem with the TIPM...Could this be the problem? Have read that others have had the same issue. HELP! ~dursties~

Gramps 03-10-2013 08:34 AM

I was going to respond to this earlier but ran out of time. I hate to 'shotgun' problems, too expensive! The first thing I'd look for is a bad connection or ground wire up around or coming from the TIPM. TIPM's are cheap but it may end up being that is the problem.

dursties 03-12-2013 05:40 PM

Tipm

Thanks for your input, it is the same thing that I have been reading about. I have made an appointment at the dealership and told them what I have experiencing along with the research that I have come up with. I am prepared NOT to pay an arm and a leg for this problem.
Thanks again for your reply!:)

MelissaMahoney 06-10-2013 10:01 AM

I have problems as well

I have a 2007 Jeep compass and have had nothing but problems. As for as I am concerned it is a POS!!!! I have put over $5000 in repairs into it after the warranty. For a 6 year old car that is ridiculous. I have had it parked for 4 months now because I still owe money on it and don't want to put anything else into it. Even if I sell the POS I won't get more than I owe. I NEED HELP!!

Not to get into all the details of what I have repaired, but the biggest problem is the electrical sensor problems. I brought the car to a mechanic for check engine light and possible relation to TIPM. Cause was a faulty TIPM and was replaced by the dealership for $1125.68. 7 mos later my car acts up again and now it will not even start!! I replaced the battery last week and the car wouldn't start. I boosted it and voila a working car. Turn it off and nothing!! I cannot even unlock the doors. It has a mind of its own, the wipers went off by themselves, radio. Could the TIPM be the problem again?

rbmarone 11-20-2013 01:53 PM

Tipm

What ended up being your problem here? I am having a similar issue and they are saying that it is probably my TIPM. Expensive fix for it to be PROBABLY my problem.

pobednik18 11-21-2013 04:50 AM

I had pretty much the same problems as earlier posters. Servicer diagnosed bad TIPM and bad relay block, and replaced it. It occurred last summer, and since then, i havent't had any electronic issues.
Realy block was replaced with used one, but TIPM was new and cost about 500 (670$). I suggest you to try to find used, but functional, one.

bcrosby21 03-10-2014 06:13 PM

I'm having a terrible problem with my 07 jeep compass. While drivi. Down the road, it will make a horrible "pipe busting" sound and then die in the middle of the road. I have replaced the starter 4 times and something keeps burning it up. I can't figure out what keeps making the starter run. I've tried a new ignition...I'm running out of ideas. I see you all talking about TIPM. Was that a ridiculous expense in fixing? My mechanic suggested that today as he is running out of ideas also.

The time now is 07:38 PM.