2007 Jeep Compass 2.4 The Cooling Fans wont come on - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
saviorcrash
2007 MK Compass 

2007 Jeep Compass 2.4 The Cooling Fans wont come on

Hi

I have a problem with the cooling fans on my 2007 Jeep Compass. The fans themselves work just fine wired Directly to the battery to keep them running. This is what I have manage to find out on my own. Anyone have any ideal where the Fan Relays are?

RADIATOR FAN WILL NOT OPERATE, GAUGE READING HIGH OR HOT (POSSIBLE CAUSE)
1. Fan motor defective - Refer to appropriate Powertrain Diagnostic Procedures manual for operation of the scan tool. Repair as necessary.

2. Fan relay, powertrain control module (PCM) or engine coolant temperature sensor defective - Refer to appropriate Powertrain Diagnostic Procedures manual for operation of the scan tool. Repair as necessary.

3. Blown fuse in power distribution center (PDC) - Determine cause for blown fuse and repair as necessary.

Last edited by saviorcrash; 08-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

GAS ENGINE
Radiator fan operation is controlled by the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM), with inputs from the engine coolant temperature sensor, continuously variable transmission (CVT) oil temperature, and A/C head pressure. The (TIPM) turns on the fan through either the high or low speed fan relay. The PCM provides a ground to the relay's control circuit. The fan relays are located in the (TIPM) . Refer to the label beneath the (TIPM) cover for location of fan relays.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.