2007 Compass - Torn Crossmember - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2007 Compass - Torn Crossmember

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
fensox

2007 Compass - Torn Crossmember

Hello all, owned my 2007 Compass for awhile but never needed to dive into mechanical support on the forums yet...until now. So thanks in advance for any help to all who provide it!

There is a large stamped and welded steel crossmember at the front of the vehicle that has somehow torn on my Compass. Tried welding it but it broke the same day. This crossmember has everything front suspension related botled to it. My question is, does anyone know where to pick one up affordably? I can only find the part on 1 website and it costs $411!! It is just a piece of steel with no moving parts. Seems high. I'd be happy with junkyard parts. Any help appreciated, thanks again!

Link to $411 part and diagram of the part I am speaking of (Number 7 in the diagram):
http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com

fensox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
SUGONZ

Crossmember

I just received a letter stating that my extended warranty would be extended I want to say 10 more years because of corrision problems in the cross members. you might want to call the dealer and see what they tell you.
SUGONZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

Welding it may cause the dealer to flake. Do you have pics before welding?
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.