2007 Compass Power Windows dead - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 2007 Compass Power Windows dead

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
RCorso59
2007 MK Compass 

2007 Compass Power Windows dead

3rd time this has happened. The last 2 times, it resolved itself without repairs; they just started working again. This time, they are simply not working and rear, drivers side window is stuck down. Fuse diagram shows NO fuse for power windows. Is that really true? If there is a fuse for the power windows, which one is it; if there is no fuse, can someone help me troubleshoot this mysterious problem, please...or at least tell me how to get the drivers rear window back up again?
Everything else seems to still be working fine; all power windows were working fine. Rear driver side window was lowered all the way down while driving. Now all 4 windows are dead. They don't work from the individual switches and they don't work from the driver's panel either. They don't work with the engine running; they don't work with the engine off.

Last edited by RCorso59; 09-02-2012 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: spelling correction
RCorso59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Is there an associated relay that might be shot rather than a fuse?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

As far as the one that is stuck down I had that. The track was out of position and was adjusted under warranty.

A possible cause for this DTC to set would be if the driver held more than one window switch down for an extended period of time thereby causing the high side driver, in the TIPM, to overheat and cut out. Once the high side driver is opened, it will remain open until the next key cycle. However, the code will remain as stored.

Diagrams for the TIPM are here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/t...module-458804/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
RCorso59
2007 MK Compass 

Thanks to both of you! I'll start investigating the TIPMs from the diagram. New today, however, is that the the other 3 windows work--most of the time--when the car is running and in Drive. Those 3 work intermittently but the drivers-side rear window does not work at all. There is no response to hitting the window switch, not up, not down, not from the driver's switches, not from the driver's rear door switch...no motor sound, no click, no movement, no hum, no buzz: just nothing. I am hopeful it will "magically" just roll up one of these times. Until then, I'll try noodling the TIPMs. This is frustrating.
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

I had this exact problem and it's still on going. Same rear window, too. I think it's an electrical glitch. Every time it happens, and it's happened at least a dozen of times, I press the button that locks out the other windows on the drivers door. By pressing it to lock out the other windows and pressing it a second time and unlock the other windows out. It seemed to reset every time. For some reason I think a wire is getting pinched and not making contact. It's not shorting because I suspect that expanding plastic is causing it, which is still insulating the wire.
It only occurs for me when it is very hot out like 90+. It's only in extreme heat.
Try it to see if the other windows start working. Sometimes it took several tries for it to work again. but it always did. I'm an electrican I tried to troubleshoot this. Every time it fixed itself and I never could find a fault.
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass , jeep , power windows

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.