2007 Compass Headlight Loose
My new to me Compass has headlight trouble. I was installing new bulb and the entire inner reflector assembly is loose. I mean flopping around loose.
Is this something I can fix or do I need an entire assembly? Is it hard to get out of there? I see two studs with nuts will release it from the car, but it seems the front grill/bumper has to come off to allow it to come forward to get out of there.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the fascia from the front of the vehicle.
See Fascia A: Remove the fascia (2) to splash shield screws (1).
See Fascia B: Remove the lower fasteners (4) and disconnect the electrical connectors (2 and 3).
See Fascia C: Remove the fasteners (1 and 2).
Remove the push pin fasteners (3).
Loosen the fasteners (5 and 6) and remove the fascia (4).
See Assembly A
3. Remove the three nuts (2) that secure the headlamp unit (1) mounting brackets to the three studs (3) on the front fender and front end support structure.
See Assembly B
4. Pull the headlamp unit away from the front of the vehicle far enough to access the wiring connections on the back of the lamp housing.
5. On domestic market vehicles only, disconnect the engine compartment wire harness (3) connector (4) from the headlamp bulb connector receptacle (2).
That's what I was afraid of.
Any hints how fastener '5' works?
I think they stay up at night thinking up new weird ways to hold stuff together. Whats wrong with a screw?
On fastener 5 the center pulls out somewhat and then the main body off it will pull out. You may have to get the center started with 2 small screw drivers or something similar.
There are some 'real' pictures over here that may help on the fastener types. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/r...8/#post9162754
Got it. It thanks! Wasn't fun though, in behind the inner fender
No, these new vehicles are a lot more compact and pretty tight to work on these days. I hear ya!
|The time now is 03:14 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.