JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   1st time Jeep owner: 2010 Jeep Patriot (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/1st-time-jeep-owner-2010-jeep-patriot-1473099/)

hecresper 02-02-2013 11:34 PM

1st time Jeep owner: 2010 Jeep Patriot

Hi,

I'm a first time Jeep owner and decided to get a 2010 Patriot. I've always wanted to own a Jeep and I'm very happy with my purchase. :thumbsup:

The only thing I need help with is finding out the exact model name for mine.

I'm confused between the Sport, Fleet and Limited. By looking at pictures on the Internet and comparing with mine, I know for sure it does not have an LCD where the radio is and it's not a 4x2. I would like to learn more details about my Jeep for future reference.

One last thing: the factory stereo equipment is awesome! :bowdown:

Gramps 02-03-2013 08:10 AM

:congrats: on getting your first Jeep!!

Sport Models had body color painted front and rear bumpers and side molding.
A Limited had Silver painted bumpers and side molding.
I'm unsure about a 'Fleet model' other than I would assume they would be very plain and not come with an 'awesome factory stereo" :)

If you have a dealer run a print out of your VIN (free) it will tell you everything about it as it came from the factory.

aroundincircles 02-03-2013 09:29 AM

if you email jeep your vin, they can often send you a copy of your build sheet/window sticker. That will make things very clear.

Kenny-g 02-05-2013 08:51 AM

Unless someone removed the Limited badging, then it's a Sport and whoever you bought it from didn't tell you it was a 4x4 or not? Kind of strange. If it was a 4x4 of any kind then it'd have a 4x4 badge on the back (again, unless the previous owner removed those badges). Also if it was a 4x4 then it'd have a little silver/chrome 4x4 lock on the middle console (near the cup holders). And like Gramps was saying (with one correction), the Limited's had painted silver appliques...not the entire bumpers though. If you have more questions, me and aroundincircles know quite a bit about our MK's (thats what a Patriot/Compass is called) so fire away, we/I can help.

*Edit: the 2011-present Patriots did away with the appliques btw so I wouldn't use info from the newer, facelifted models to figure out which model you have. Oh and one more thing...I've never heard of a 'fleet' version. They've always had the Sport and Limited in the MK's and have had an Altitude edition, something with North in the name, and a few others...not a basic 'fleet' one though. That's be a VERY basic Sport model.

FourPointZero 02-06-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundincircles
if you email jeep your vin, they can often send you a copy of your build sheet/window sticker. That will make things very clear.

Ditto.

customerassist@chrysler.com

The time now is 07:06 AM.