Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

16" Steels for 17" alloys

837 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  miketmx 
#1 ·
I would like to find someone here in the Houston Area that would be willing to trade rims and the full spare from their Patriot with my Patriot alloy wheels and full Spare. PM me if anyone is interested.

Conditions:
My wheels and tires have about 3500 miles on them and in great condition so the persone that will trade would have to have good condition rims and tires.

#3 ·
I'm glad you found someone to make the trade. I like the looks of my 17" OEM alloy wheels but there are still more choices for tires with 16" wheels. All the tires I have seen on tirerack.com are All Season Touring tires in the 215/65/17 size that came on our 2008 Patriot. The only All Terrain tire I can find so far is the Yokohama Geolander AT/S in either 225/60/17 (U.S. Only) or 225/65/17 (Canada or U.S.). Has anyone here tried that tire on their MK ?

#6 ·
I'm curious about that tire as well. My 215/65/17 SR-A's are toast (not that I would ever run that garbage tire in the winter even if they weren't toast) after only 26,000 miles so I am debating on whether to get snow's or try the Geo's. The Geo's are rated pretty good in the snow. Discount is saying I can run the Geo's with an "optional" size and it will only change my spedo by about 1mph at highway speeds but I hesitate to do that because I get paid per mile and don't want to mess up the odometer.......I'll probably just end up getting snow's.....I just hate finding room to store the extra set of tires.

#7 ·
I bought Michelin Xice Xi2 in 215/65/17 last year and they are pretty good on ice and mediocre in snow with a not very aggressive tread pattern but lots of sipes for ice. I'm gonna throw away those Wrangler SRA's in the spring at 36k miles, they are dangerous on ice. The Geolander A/T-S in 225/60/17 is 27.62" in diameter and in 225/65/17 it is 28.5" in diameter compared to 28" for the OEM tires. I bought 17" steel wheels in the spring cuz it got expensive for twice a year mounting and balancing. The tire size calculator is at:

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.