'12 FDII Patriot 'Lee-Roy' Adventure & Progress Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > '12 FDII Patriot 'Lee-Roy' Adventure & Progress Thread

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes we

Unread 02-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

'12 FDII Patriot 'Lee-Roy' Adventure & Progress Thread

WARNING: PICTURE INTENSIVE!

Username: Kenny-g
Vehicle nickname: Lee-Roy
Vehicle: '12 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4
Ext Color: Mineral Gray
Int Color: Dark Slate Gray
Purchase Date: 1 Oct 2012
Pick-up Date: 6 Oct 2012

Mods: Not many yet;
-Freedom Drive II Package
-PlastiDipped badges - black
-Roof cross bars - Amazon
-Roof basket - Amazon
-4" Stubby Antennae
-"Lone Star Mk's" sticker
-Many other stickers (I am a sticker whore)
-Rear seat back protector - homemade
-16" TJ Rubicon wheels (5) - not mounted yet

Big Mod's Coming this year;
-Rocky Road Outfitters (RRO) sliders
-RRO 2-1/8" lift
-5 Hankook DynaPro ATM (225/70/R16)
-Sturdy cargo tray

My 'WANT' list, will buy whenever I have the funds or when found cheap;
-MOAR STICKERS! I can't get enough of them lol
-Hi-Lift Jack (48")
-Hi-Lift Jack accessories
-Tow strap
-Axe/Shovel carrier for roof basket
-All weather seat covers
-Rugged Ridge/Weather Tech slush mats front and back
-Rear cargo area electronics overhaul which entails a second battery (to be located where the spare tire is currently located) and all wiring for A/C and 12v outlets. Should be a difficult and fun project.
-Custom front and rear bumpers
-40" LED Lightbar (spot/flood combo) affixed to the front of the Roof Basket.
-2 10" Single Row LED Lightbars affixed to the sides of the roof basket for trail use.
-2 4" Single Row LED Lightbars affixed to the back of the roof basket for reverse and trail use.
-Rigid Industries (RI) Duallys (Spot) set of two for new front bumper (bumper comes first).
-RI Single Row-Mini (Flood) set of two also for new front bumper.

Pics:
1st Picture;

1st Offroad Adventure;

Random Pic's;
Coming back from San Marcos:

New 4" antennae

What's in your closet?

One of my favorite stickers on her;

1st REAL offroading adventure on legit trails;

2nd time on the same trails (roofbasket and whatnot installed);

I don't know what the picture limit is here so I will make a second post w/ more pics

Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

We got snow out here in NorWest Texas and I wanted pics...only one was somewhat decent and I had to add a filter to make it remotely cool;

This one was the next day...the snow stuck all day.

3rd time on the trails...no cross bars or roof basket (made a sheeite ton of noise)

And then today's projects
The seat back protector thing:

Cool stickers on the liftgate (the guns)
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Haven't updated this in a long time, sorry.

Anyways my stickers!

My back window;

My side back windows;

And my windshield now;

I have a ton on my roof basket but too lazy to post those

*edit; oh and I forgot this one too!
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Pics;
Going up!

Coming back down.

Screwing around

And I have a good cropped one for my sig that I'll have to put up later when I have comp access.
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

I had the TJ Rubicon center caps done in ABU Camo w/ dark blue Jeep lettering but 3 of the 5 were screwed up so I had to redo them. This is what the good ones looked like;

What I changed them too now;

And I got stuck for the first time ever on Sunday...

And my buddy was the bad *** who pushed up on the front so I could back down it.
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Anyways, back to the pics of Sunday!

Alright these pics were mine now time to upload the ones my friend took
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Okay these pics my friend took,

So yea! Had fun and explored some new terrain! Brandon; you need to come out here man!
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
patriotcaptain

I literally have been looking at your pics for two days now how awesome!!!! I want to take mine for a spin but the terrain in Florida is like crap

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
patriotcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks a lot man means a lot to me!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
patriotcaptain

Keep them coming, I really enjoy them. And the Jeep looks great!

Captain Patriot
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Will do! On the 3rd i'm going to a place called Hidden Falls Adventure Park here in Texas with a bunch of Wranglers and a fellow Patriot. It'll be fun and it'll really show the Pat's limits.

Unread 02-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
patriotcaptain

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics! I love seeing the abilities of the Patriot!

Captain Patriot
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

So a while ago I ordered a charcoal gray PlastiDip wheel kit from a website that I probably can't post y'all to but anyway it came in I won't be dipping my TJ Rubicon wheels for a while but I wanted to get these when they were on sale (smdidnt really get a huge deal on them...only saved $10 )

Kit also has the metalizer finish to give it a better look on the Pat.

Unread 03-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Alright Patriotcaptain...begin the drooling lol
Quote:
Okay so we had fun yesterday and I beat the crap out of the belly of my Pat! It's currently covered in mud and dirt so we'll see what the damage is after I clean it tonight

Pics from the entire day...I didnt get any action shots of me pretty upset but a few others got pics of me. Not many though [insert uber sad face here]

This red YJ in this next pic was operated by a REALLY old man and he bad some balls! He was going everywhere that the 'Yota buggee thing was going and he had absolutely no problems. The red JKU was the trail leader for the day. He was one of the only people who had been there most of the day. In the third pic was the 'Yota I was just talking about. The two operators were nuts imo but they didn't flip it at any point. I was driving when they went up a hill right next to me that had to be a 65-75 percent incline! Crazy bastards lol

This guy's name was Juan and he had some balls for being in a mildly modified YJ. He was keeping up with the old man and the 'Yota until this. He just couldn't make it over the big rocks that had slick surfaces. This was the last hill he tried haha

Just on the warm up trail I got stuck going up tore up hill and had to get winched up the last 1/5 of the hill...embarassing. Wrangler SRAs suck *** in loose dirt/rocks btw. And they are not any better when slightly wet.

This was 'Lee-Roy' after the warm up trail...on the backside of it you drop into a mud stream thing and well this was the outcome haha rooster tailed it up onto the hood and passenger side

Not my pic but the stock white YJ's son took these. This was after driving through a little stream of watter. I finally got to water foard, HOORAY!!! No leaks haha Ben is the guy in the pics and he helped me all day, being my spotter...hes the driver of the red JKU and the one who organized this whole thing. A pretty cool guy.

The son also took this but it's an action shot so blurry. I kept hitting loose rock but eventually made it up.

Now back to my pictures...just parket at the end of the creek trail;

Just a trail

Stopped to wait on people catching up...posing next to the JKU lol

The old man we were waiting on...he went dickin around somewhere so we were waiting on him and the 'Yota

One of the bagillion hills we climbed ... ugh

Parked again...I feel like every pic was just parked lol btw, that black JKUR in the background is supercharged and stock height. Takcled everything he did w/o using his lockers! Pretty awesome.
And btw, I only went down to 25 psi...next time I'll go 15 to see if that'll work better with these sh*ty tires.

Hey go figure...another hill...A LONG ONE...

This guy was throwing mud all over his daughter in the back seat...she was a trooper thougha nd didnt cry!

Gotta make a new post for more pics...brb
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

And the rest of them...idk why they dont want to work righ tnow on here...I didn't move or delete the pics?
Quote:
Okay back for more pics...

He went in reverse to get more traction then got out alright.

Now you can tell in the last pic that he was throwing water all in the back part haha his two daughters were awesome though and didnt cry or anything. Pretty cool.

I didn't even try my Pat though that. I would've sunk immediately.

Now this is the supercharged JKUR. And Ben is the one spotting him. Heres my crappy video haha
Hope y'all can see it, it's uploaded to PB. Once you click the img it'll make a pop-up so dont freak if it does

His commentary at the end of this one was great haha I laughed when he said it and laughed even harder when I caught it on camera! "And that's what we buy skids for..." lmao

This is the same valley/hill. A black TJ doing it easy.

And this was the end of the day...I was riding in the red JKU on level 5 trails. We didn't think the supercharged JKUR would make it but he did very well! And the tan TJ is amazing! It's magazine worthy, I swear! Love ti!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.