09 Jeep Patriot won't start - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-03-2012, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
kjd0029

09 Jeep Patriot won't start

My 09 Patriot won't start, and my battery has been tested, and is completely fine. This happened a few days ago, but we thought it was the battery, jumped it off once, and never had a problem for the next few days until now. When I try to crank it, it doesn't even attempt to start. I was told it could be the starter relay? My back lights have been having issues, so I'm having to replace the TIPM due to that, but that issue has been ongoing for months, and I don't think it's connected to my starter issue. Overall, I'm not happy at all with my experiences with this Patriot.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Kim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
miketmx
2015 MK Patriot 

Have you tried replacing the battery in your Sentry Key or using the 2nd key ?
post #3 of 4 Old 03-23-2016, 08:07 AM
Kls8259

Starter issue

I have a Jeep Patriot. Starter has been replaced 3 times now. When starter goes out it shuts the engine down
Any dea what's up. Local dealer is stumped
post #4 of 4 Old 03-24-2016, 09:57 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kls8259 View Post
I have a Jeep Patriot. Starter has been replaced 3 times now. When starter goes out it shuts the engine down
Any dea what's up. Local dealer is stumped

Hey KLs8259,

What is the model year and engine type of your vehicle? This info will allow me to better research things like service bulletins etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.