08 Patriot lift kit issues..... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 08 Patriot lift kit issues.....

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
Raifeisen
2008 MK Patriot 

Creak noise on RR RH SUSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1995 View Post
i have the Rocky Road lift on my 08 patriot, and there has been a terrible squeak from the back passenger side, i read of other people having noises, but said they went away with time..... mine haven't, they have gotten worse.
was digging under it just now and found this:

it is the frame side of the rear passenger side upper control arm..... the bushing has "walked" out of the control arm.....

here's the drivers side for reference:

anybody else have this problem??? i'll probably tear into it this weekend and see what is causing it.....
Now that you mentioned, I had been experiencing this issue for near 2K kms, I got it just 1-2 day after installation, but though was "normal" jeep noise(refering to big lifts and other mods come with) but after some driving on highway and leveled roads it has got some kind annoying and sounding like old ride. I even got a full clean up and oiled in all axles and joints but noise just kept in there, basically only this rear right hand strut. Did you fixed the joint seal so the noised went away? Its hard to get used to this creaking noise and not only bothering but embarrasing.

Would be good to know how did you fix it before I start thinking about change tires. I will check the zone this weekend by removing the tire and check the joint, hopefully is only that.

I was just imaging that probably the strut spacer was "rubbing" against body sheet metal which has been giving me some worries about totally cracked area :S even more scarry

Thanks to all posts have been very ilustrative, glad to had join Jeep Forum!!

Regards

Raifeisen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
compass , lift kit , mk , patriot , squeak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.