07' Patriot Engine Light Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 07' Patriot Engine Light Problem

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 02-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
kairosdreaming
2007 MK Patriot 

07' Patriot Engine Light Problem

I just bought an 07' Patriot, 95k miles, in December. At the time of the test drive, the engine light came on (the orange one). Since the dealer was with me he said they'd fix it for free, just get it in when I can after the holidays.

So I took it in, they replaced an 02 sensor (that was the code it was giving out) and I took it home. A day later the light came back on. So I took it in the following week, and they tried replacing the other sensor. Took it home and the light came on again a day later, so I took it back the next week and they replaced both 02 sensors and some other sort of sensor that I can't remember the name of right now. Took it home, 2 days later the light came on again, so today I am headed back there for the 4th week in a row and I'm now officially aggravated. I don't really want to take it elsewhere and pay for it to be done as it was supposed to be fixed for free by these people, but I don't want to keep wasting my time like this either. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

kairosdreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This is tmi for most but it may help to understand how the system works and reports things.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/e...seless-855751/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
kairosdreaming
2007 MK Patriot 

Thank you!
kairosdreaming is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.