JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   07 Compass Sport Rattling/High Idle (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/07-compass-sport-rattling-high-idle-1531870/)

Mattaua 06-03-2013 02:39 PM

07 Compass Sport Rattling/High Idle

I've searched through your forum quite a bit and I can't find any info on the specific problem/s I am having. I have a 2007 Compass sport automatic with 94k miles. Just recently I started noticing a rattling noise coming from the engine compartment. Based on what I have read it points to either a bad pulley or pulley bearings...However, along with that it is having some idle issues. About every other time I start it up the idle jumps up to a little over 2 on the tac. It will drop down to about 1.5 but I have never been patient enough to see if it goes lower while sitting in park but the idle drops to normal when I put it in gear. In addition when slowing/stopping the idle seems to hang up a bit. It again will drop to about 1.5-2 but will stay up there till completely stopped.

I realize these may be two totally different issues but they both started at the same time...best I can tell. Otherwise we have had no issues with this vehicle and have not had to have any mechanical repairs done in the 4 years we have owned it. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

LKWJEEPER 06-04-2013 10:02 AM

I'm also in SC!

Anyway you said any help is appreciated so... Have you tried any fuel system cleaners? Maybe try the CVT reset? I'm not sure if it's posted on this site but theres another site that I know it's listed on. You'll just have to search google since JF doesn't like us posting links.

Mattaua 06-24-2013 11:09 PM

Well I have run a bottle of fuel system cleaner through the motor with no results.....anybody got anything????

xrunndonex 06-24-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattaua (Post 15603906)
Well I have run a bottle of fuel system cleaner through the motor with no results.....anybody got anything????

Was it seafoam?

Mattaua 06-24-2013 11:37 PM

no it wasn't seafoam, I think it was lucas brand. I actually starting to think I have two problems. The more I read I think maybe the rattle is the alternator getting ready to crap a brick, and the idle is is a separate problem. I'm no mechanic though just some freeking guy.

xrunndonex 06-25-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattaua (Post 15603949)
no it wasn't seafoam, I think it was lucas brand. I actually starting to think I have two problems. The more I read I think maybe the rattle is the alternator getting ready to crap a brick, and the idle is is a separate problem. I'm no mechanic though just some freeking guy.

Does the Compass come with a volt gauge on the dash?

tomhale114 06-26-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrunndonex

Does the Compass come with a volt gauge on the dash?

No unfortunately it doesn't.

xrunndonex 06-26-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomhale114 (Post 15609634)

No unfortunately it doesn't.

Go toautozone or somthing and have them test the alt just for ****s and giggles

benlaw2006 07-23-2013 04:52 PM

Any updates? This sounds like a problem I'm having. Startup the RPMs float towards 1750, but usually come down to around 750 pretty quick. Also having the same problem slowing down/stopping.

The time now is 10:28 AM.