07 Compass MIL on at 70k - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 07 Compass MIL on at 70k

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 10-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
luckynlove
2007 MK Compass 

07 Compass MIL on at 70k

about 3 weeks ago my MIL came on for a day or two and turned off and it did this repeatedly then 3 days ago it came on and is still on. I have notice a jumpy start up from time to time and sometimes accelerating it will hesitate a tiny bit. I am wondering if anyone else has had this same problem. Jeep is going to charge $75 just to check the code.......... I was also curious if the lifetime powertrain warranty covers the transmission.

luckynlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Most Autozone stores will check your codes for free. Call your local one so you dont waste a trip.
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
gmiller0737
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Have code pulled @ auto parts store & post code on here,Don't pay a lot of attention to anything the parts guy tells you other than the code # and description,Remember they are Parts Salesmen not Technicians.
gmiller0737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

More info on MIL:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/e...seless-855751/

There are several other TSB's on MIL but you will need the code. All TSB's, RRs and Recalls listed here:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ghlight=tsb%2A

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
luckynlove
2007 MK Compass 

Thanks! I am going to go tonight I hope and see.....My husband did the ignition check for the code and it said maintenance, which at 70k seems normal and it came on right when my oil change is due,,,,is it possible for them to set it when they did the last oil change?....I think we are also going to change the spark plugs too since we haven't done that yet. I will keep y'all posted on what I find out. We just don't have the cash for pricey fixes that don't really need to be done. LOL My hubby is a police officer and I am a stay at home mom so extra cash like that is few and far between
luckynlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I'm not sure what you mean by "is it possible for them to set it when they did the last oil change". They can clear codes to see if they come back on and change some settings that are optional but to pre-program for an MIL to turn, on I don't think so.

70K on the original plugs is a long time. Most ppl upgrade to a better plug at the first recommended change @ 30-35K or so. I only went with the next better spark plug, a 'double platinum', they weren't the most expensive and seem to be cost affective.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.