Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
DEPUTY DOG

Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit

I just wanted to let everybody know that after a long debate and research I am going to try the Zone Offroad 3" lift kit on my 4dr JK. Does not look like it has been really tried and tested but I am willing to give it a shot. This will include the steering stabilizer and front control arm cam locks. Once installed, I have a set of Pro Comp 8179's, 15x10 wrapped in 35x12.5 Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrains. Will post some before and after pics as well as install pics once it is complete. Hopefully this weekend or next if my orders are not delayed by the recent bad weather and I don't lose any more trees. I'll keep you posted and I would love to hear any possible issuees that I may encounter (ESP) or food for thought by any of you old-timers or Jeep tech guys out there.

DEPUTY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

i was wondering how those lifts were. be sure to let us know how it wheels/rides after its done
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
MarkBevans
2007 JK Wrangler 

I installed the ZONE 3" lift 2.5 months ago on my Rubicon 4 door. I take it out most every weekend.
Rides smoother
Softer feeling, yet handles the curves on the road better than OEM stuff
Offroad, feels great, no squeeks, no issues.
I live 20 miles from the beginning of the rubicon trail in California. Stock I scrape everywhere, with the ZONE kit, no issues, at all.
Good stuff, Good price

Cheers,
Mark
Unread 09-17-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
DEPUTY DOG

I appriciate the info, if full power comes back up it should be this weekend. If not, hopefully by next weekend I'll have the pics and complete install posted.
Unread 09-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
sethco
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just checked out their site and depending on how yours looks I may have just found a new kit to buy.

http://zoneoffroad.com/bad-to-the-bone?feat=34
sethco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #6
DEPUTY DOG

Did you have any problems with your ESP after the instal and did this level your jeep or is it still at the factory level just 3" taller?
Unread 09-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #7
sethco
2008 JK Wrangler 

have you ordered the lift yet? If anyone has this lift please post pics.

Unread 09-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
MarkBevans
2007 JK Wrangler 

That 's a good question.
After installing this kit, I found that it did level my Rubicon out (raised the front-end) but not completely. If you want your hood level with the ground then you may add 3/4" spacers in the front, but As-Is the Kit raised my front much more than stock, I'm leaving my alone, as with bumpers front/back I think she'll be perfect.
Nice stuff!

Cheers,
Mark
Unread 09-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
DEPUTY DOG

Everything came in. Zone Offroad shipped it out Monday and I got it Tuesday. Super fast shipping. The kit looks great and heavy duty. Rims and Tires came in from 4 Wheel Parts on Thuirsday. They look mean. The only problem is I live in south west Ohio and I just got power up last week end from hurrican IKE's leftovers. With that said, all is a go to do the lift this Friday and i will let you know. I will post thew pics this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Unread 09-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

you need to get it on quick and meet us in Attica, IN at the Badlands on Sunday! Gonna be a good time, have something like 21 Jeeps coming.
cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
sethco
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the update and I cant wait to see it

Unread 09-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
DEPUTY DOG

Ok the lift from Zone products is complete and I could not be happier. It took me and a buddy approx 5 hours to complete with out any iproblems. It looks absolutely great and no "ESP" issues at all. The ride is 10x smoother than factory and the wider stance makes it alot more stable. Below are some pics of the completed project.

One issue with the 15 inch pro comp 8179. My rear pass caliper was about 1/4 wider than the rest. So the wheel weights were just barley scraping causing a slight squeek. I just took it up on the highway and it worked itself out. If you get these have them put the weights closer the the front then the back of the rim if at all possible or use only 7 gram weight not 14 gram if it can be helped.

Also, with these 35" tires, I did cut out about a 4" triangle from the plastic piece below the bumper. Not a big issue but it was rubbing on full turns.

So far I and completeley satisfied with the 3" susp lift from Zone Offroad. It is the best kit for the price and the look is awesome. If you are hesitating because they are the new kid on the block... don't, you won't have any regrets.

I do have pics as the insall went on. PM if you need any or have any questions.

See pics here because I'm having problems posting:
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...d=1#post708257
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #13
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I can't see pics in that thread because I am not a member of that forum....oh well...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #14
sethco
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here are some Pics of his JK with 3" Zone Lift

Unread 10-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
cbrann05
2007 JK Wrangler 

what kind of effect did it have on your gas mileage
cbrann05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3" lift , JK Wrangler , review , wrangler , zone 3" lift , zone lift kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.