Zenman's Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Zenman's Build

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Zenman's Build

Dealer already had bumper end caps off. Thanks, guys.

That color just kept calling me.

Bordello red seats.

My first Jeep.

I kept my 2012 Sahara 9 months and it was only fitting that it gave birth to a Rubicon. My wife and I had been living in Bangkok and I returned in 2010 to go to work while she finished out her teaching contract. I had bought a honking big extended cab GMC Sierra 1500 pickup truck after I came back to the states. It was a fun truck and I put almost 25,000 miles on it exploring New Mexico. However, my wife is short and just couldnít handle the big thing on Santa Fe streets. Iíll admit it was like driving an aircraft carrier.

So, I traded it in on a GMC Terrain (her car). While at the GMC dealership I mentioned that I wanted a Jeep. The sales lady said she had a friend at a Jeep dealer down in Albuquerque and could get one for me. I went online looking for a yellow Jeep and it was brought up to Santa Fe the next day. It was overpoweringly bright but the color grew on me. However, it definitely needed some contrast rather than being all Dozer. A week after I bought it we moved to Kansas for my new job. The windshield was cracked on the way to Kansas (less than 500 miles on it) and I watched as it extended halfway across the windshieldÖbummer!

I did like you guys suggested; drive it for a while and cruise this forum until I figure out what I need/want. I had decided on a stock Rubicon JK and mod it or a 10th Anniversary that would require less mods. The 10th Anniversary won out.

Iíve had it two days now and thought it appropriate that I transfer my stubby antenna, ultimate floor liners and VPD trash can and cup holder from the Sahara to the Rubicon. Notice the body color top? Normally I would have wanted a black top for contrast. However, the Anvil color looked good. I did notice that the window sticker said the top was black so I asked the salesman about it. Mine originally had a black top but a guy getting another 10 A wanted a black top so they switched. It was alright as I wound up with a body color top which normally costs $1,700 plus for the $595 cost of a black top.

Know whatís coming next?

Iím not telling, ha, ha!

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
aznjeep

2013 JK Wrangler 

Wait.. what??? AND your in NM? I'm originally from Houston, but moved here back in '06.. I'm in SW ABQ, and got our 10A (and the 2010 JKUR prior) from Casa. I'm crawling your thread (since you found mine). Maybe we can bounce ideas back and forth.. looking forward to your build up..

And by the way.. same thought went through my head.. I was going to have the dealer swap the matching top to a black top, but that would mean the fenders would have to get changed out as well. After staring at it for a while, it grew on me, and told them I would take it as-is..

*edit* never mind.. missed the part about you moving to Kansas...
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

No I'm in Kansas now for my job. Probably wouldn't choose to live here other than that. We were planning on going back to NM (ABQ) at some point but they don't pay squat for teachers and I need my wife to make a lot so I can mod this Jeep!

Unread 07-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
...I need my wife to make a lot so I can mod this Jeep!
Oh so thatís how itís done. Iíll need to find some kind of magic potion though to feed my wife; she hates my Jeep.

I actually like the Anvil (hope thatís the correct name of the paint) with the body color top. Normally I wouldnít but thereís something about that color that makes it look right.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
aznjeep

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Oh so thatís how itís done. Iíll need to find some kind of magic potion though to feed my wife; she hates my Jeep.

I actually like the Anvil (hope thatís the correct name of the paint) with the body color top. Normally I wouldnít but thereís something about that color that makes it look right.
I had the same thoughts, and so does a lot of our friends and coworkers.. they say something like "that color... it's different, but I like it".
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Already had a girl give me the thumbs up for my Jeep!

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post

However, my wife is short and just couldnít handle the big thing
Wow, be a little bit more modest.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Unread 08-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #9
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

A few more cosmetic items. Should have winch on next weekend. Also bedlining grille and adding mesh this weekend.

Rugged Ridge Lamp Guards

Door Sill Guards

Rampage Hood Locks

Stubby Antenna

Billet Locking Fuel Cap

Unread 08-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Bedlined grille and added mesh.

Unread 08-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
ICT-JK

Never mind found this thread.....dealership cut the bumper down
ICT-JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
CPT_D
2013 JK Wrangler 

Can you shoot another pic of the grill (from another angle) it's hard to see the contrast between it and the anvil? BTW this is Shane from the FB 10A page.
CPT_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #13
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Soon as I get home.

Unread 08-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT-JK View Post
Never mind found this thread.....dealership cut the bumper down
No they didn't cut it down. The ends are removable. You can stick them back anytime.

Unread 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #15
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

I really do love that colour! Why didn't you go red with the mesh though? I expected that for sure with all the other accents!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.