Is your trektop NX waterproof? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Is your trektop NX waterproof?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
jkmax
2011 JK Wrangler 

Is your trektop NX waterproof?

Is your trektop NX waterproof? I bought mine and installed it about 3 months ago and just washed her and there's a leak on the drivers side front by the windshield. Anyone else have this problem?

jkmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes the top is water proof. but you may a leak around the door surrounds, check that the foam seals are in place.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
jkmax
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast
Yes the top is water proof. but you may a leak around the door surrounds, check that the foam seals are in place.
Awesome! I will right after work thanks!
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
TRAUMAhead
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bone dry except when the front of the Jeep is parked facing uphill. Right where the door surround gutter ends, there's a lip that lets water past the foam seal on the side window. Shaved the lip down, don't know if it still leaks. Stacking another foam seal would work too.
TRAUMAhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

My issue with my NX top is getting the front flap tucked in good on the side windows. If I get that done correctly, I have zero leaks with the top. No leaks in the front near the windshield at least as of yet.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
jkmax
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks everyone. I really want to sell my hardtop and run this 24/7 but If it leaks it's a no go on selling it
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Jackie5_0
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ours is pretty finicky about how it sits at the windshield. If its not closed and lined up just rite it will seep in the rain, done it since day one.
Jackie5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
JDubbya
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've had the same issues, but very minor leaks. Had small leaks when side rails weren't tucked properly when closing top, and had small leak at front corners when backing uphill out of driveway. Never experienced the windshield problem. Not betting it will ever be perfect, happy overall thus far...not trading the hard top, though.

...which leads to my question: Has anyone dared take it through a car wash? I'm thinking not a good idea with water shooting diff. direction (i.e. sideways & upwards). Also concerned about detergents, waxes, etc. used in them...Any thoughts on that?
JDubbya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
OH9JK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Had mine for a couple years now and no issue with water leaks. Make sure you use the foam that is supplied with the hardware kit.

Stay away from the car washes if you can help it.
OH9JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.