XRC comp serise smittybilt 8K winch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > XRC comp serise smittybilt 8K winch?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes we

Unread 04-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
08steelblue

XRC comp serise smittybilt 8K winch?

Hey guys this guy I used to work with is offering me this winch with synthetic line for 300 never been mounted or used he bought it for his rubicon and that he had for 10 days the winch wasn't even shipped to his house yet then sandy raped us in moonachie and our fire department parking lot flooded with 5 feet of water he got a Tacoma after that so it's been collecting dust since.... Any way was looking for advice should I take it seems like a steal but I wanna make sure it's a smart buy first I have a 2008 JK unlimited X 3.5 in metal cloak ARB lift and 33 inch pro comps on 17s and my front end has a bestop stubby bumper not going much heavier than I am now I'm not running a spare at the moment may get a 5th when when I move up to 35s when these ware out but for now it's tramp stamped in the back GVWR is 5400 according to my door sticker

Attachment 1039457

08steelblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
ferninaz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes, the synthetic line is north of a 100 dollars, so basically you are getting a winch for 200 bucks. That is a damn good deal. I have an XRC8 and I winch out all the time with it. I get stuck just about every weekend. Never had any problems. Actually I winched myself towing another vehicle with it with no problems. Good luck to you.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
08steelblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz
Yes, the synthetic line is north of a 100 dollars, so basically you are getting a winch for 200 bucks. That is a damn good deal. I have an XRC8 and I winch out all the time with it. I get stuck just about every weekend. Never had any problems. Actually I winched myself towing another vehicle with it with no problems. Good luck to you.
Okay but what kind of rig do you have my four door with lift and 33s are heavier than a 2door
Unread 04-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
ferninaz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here I am winching myself off a rock my tow hitch grabbed hold of and kept me from getting good traction. Prior to the owner of the Rubicon that I was hooked to using his brakes to stop it sliding back I had pulled his jeep back with my winch about 6 feet.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
08steelblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz
Here I am winching myself off a rock my tow hitch grabbed hold of and kept me from getting good traction. Prior to the owner of the Rubicon that I was hooked to using his brakes to stop it sliding back I had pulled his jeep back with my winch about 6 feet.
copy that good sir so you're saying this would be a good size winch for my occasional off roading I doubt I'll ever be in a situation depicted in this picture I haven't even gotten stuck in the year I've had it and the 10 plus time off-roading just want it for a security blanket just incase and need to know it will be capable of pullin my rig out of a tough spot

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.