X/Rubicon Fender Flare question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > X/Rubicon Fender Flare question

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 03-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
otizzy

X/Rubicon Fender Flare question

How do the new fender flares clean up on the X and Rubicon? I know my 99 TJs flares faded quite a bit. What are you guys using to clean them? Armor All? Other product?

How do these fender flares stand up to any rocks that may fly up? I know they must be better than the sahara since they are not painted and shouldnt chip...

Thanks

otizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

That's a really good question and I am interested in the answer myself. I'm waiting for my X to come in.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 01:45 AM   #3
jeepers3

My guess is the rocks will bounce off the X fender flares like bullets off superman's chest, without damaging the fenders at all (whereas on the Sahara, they will be scratched up beyond all comprehension).
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:20 AM   #4
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

When I had my 95 Wrangler, I used to use Mother's Back to Black and it worked great. I am not sure about these new models, as back then, it was a piece of flimsy black plastic attached to a regular painted fender.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
2007UnlimitedNJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sahara

I already have said chip on my rear painted fender of my Sahara.
2007UnlimitedNJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
When I had my 95 Wrangler, I used to use Mother's Back to Black and it worked great. I am not sure about these new models, as back then, it was a piece of flimsy black plastic attached to a regular painted fender.

Mother's Back to Black is perfect for keeping the flares staying black.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
JeepinJustin

Most likely, you wont get chips or divets, in the new platic. But if you do run into a rock you can get some deep scratches... But thats the same with any car. I noticed, that my liberty has pretty much the same plastic trim, and am pleased to say its very durable, and easy to keep clean. I use armor all and it looks good as new.
Magnaflow cat back
+stickers
JeepinJustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.