X options: Set me straight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > X options: Set me straight

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
HellifIknow

X options: D44, Rear Locker, SB Disconnect?

I'm trying to figure out order options for an X. Most of my driving will be on paved road in-town (yeah, yeah, I know. Why get a jeep?) with regular trips up into the Blue Ridge mountains, forestry roads & limited access areas. Nothing intentionally crazy-technical but the weather has a way of destroying the FSRs up there.

I'm not going to tow anything. Not going to lift or up-size the tires. I don't need a Rubi and don't want 16 MPG. Does it make sense that I could put together an X w/3.21 gears, Dana 44, rear locker & swaybar disconnect (--last two are listed as late availability options for the X)?

If not, any suggestions on how to put it together? Thanks.

Last edited by HellifIknow; 11-19-2006 at 08:53 PM..
HellifIknow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
cliffmelanie1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just bought a Sahara with the 6 speed,D44. It doesn't have lockers but that anti slip and roll mitigation work quite well. I get between 20 and 21mpg with mostly highway driving at 70mph. Not to bad if you ask me. It has the 3:21's and 32" tires.
Unread 11-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
HellifIknow

Thanks. I guess it's doable. Anyone out there planning on getting/ordering sway bar disconnect on an X when it becomes available?

Last edited by HellifIknow; 11-20-2006 at 06:16 AM..
Unread 11-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #4
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I didn't realize the rear locker was an option on the X. That could be worth ordering one for instead of buying off the lot.
Unread 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
HellifIknow

The brochure lists it as an X option, and it recently showed up on the jeep.com build page.

Last edited by HellifIknow; 11-19-2006 at 08:52 PM..
Unread 11-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #6
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Is it a true locker or just a limited slip option?
Unread 11-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
shark3471

it is only a limited slip from what I have read.
I also read the sway bar disconnects will be available on the x after January and I plan on adding that option seeing as it is one of the coolest features. hopefully it is not super expensive. I have been unsure about getting a JK but after a few trips to see them in person I am completely sold. I am holding off buying one just so I can order the disconnects and so I can see if there are any serious bugs that show up in the first few months. I would love to have a rubi but I am stretching it in price as it is. I hope the dana 30 front in the Jk is at least as strong as the one in my YJ.
shark3471 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #8
wildzx

i am getting the x model 2 door and yes, i will put little big tires and take it off road but not allot.. too bad i can't afford the rubicon
wildzx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2006, 11:09 PM   #9
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellifIknow
an X option, and it recently showed up on the jeep.com build page.
i dont see it on jeep.com,

id imagine its only a LSD, they will actually have a locker option? Only thing i dont like about the new lockers, is that they are open when not locked. On the TJs, when not locked it was limited slip

Gone - 2000 Sport, 1987 YJ, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2006, 07:51 AM   #10
HellifIknow

Rear Locker an X Option?

My bad. It's the Limited Slip that's on jeep.com. I don't have the info here with me at work, and "Trac-Lok" and "Tru-Lok" are confusing the matter, but the brochure says that Trac-L limited slip is an option on the X. Tru-L front/rear electronic disconnects are standard on the Rubi, & Tru-L rear electronic disconnect is an option on the X.

I'm reading this to mean that a rear locker is available as an X option.

Does this sound right?

Last edited by HellifIknow; 11-20-2006 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: More precise title

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.