WVUJeeper's Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > WVUJeeper's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #31
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's been a while since I've really had a chance to get into anything for the jeep....so here's what I got done this weekend.

Recently I made the decision to completely re-wire my auxiliary system. I was going to wire up some rock lights, but the existing wiring for my CB and windshield lights was cluttered or so I felt.

I picked up 12 LED light pods from XKGLOW.com to be used as Rock Lights, Under-hood lights, and interior lights.

I picked up a spool of scrap 12 conductor 16 AWG cable, a fuse box and a relay box from a buddy’s Nissan Sylvia project, and some soldering equipment. Then went to town on it...

I started by stripping down the fuse box and relay box of all the excess wire.

I powered the centerline of the fuse box with 12 wires from the cable. Nine of the side with the relays are powered individually as they will go out to relays and then to equipment. Right now I am only going to use the 4 attached relays. The bottom side in the picture is powered with three wires from the cable. I figured this would be adequate since that side of the fuse box is going to power switches (very low current draw).

I also ran a section of the 12-wire cable to switches that are going into the cab. I had to go in and grind out a section of pinch seam on the front side of that hole so that the cable could fit through.

I know that the hole on the far left is out of line with the rest…I’m mad about that myself. I hope that it won’t be obvious when I get the switches in…I didn’t have a 7/16 bit and had hoped that my 3/8 bit would be large enough, but tight. It wasn't large enough.

I wired the switches in to the fuse box and to the relay mounts. I have yet to wire it into the batter, so it will ride like this for the week and hopefully I’ll have time next weekend to finish it.

I plan to mount the aux fuse box on a homemade bracket right next to the jeep fuse box.

Right now I am at a stopping point for the weekend.

BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.