WVUJeeper's Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > WVUJeeper's Build Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09GRNJK View Post
Sweet flex shots! Are you disconnected on those?
Yeah, I was. I meant to get a pic in the same place connected the way out, but it's supposed to start snowing, so I wanted to get out of there before it got bad.

BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #17
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkRyder View Post
haha thats funny, wish i lived in wyoming for a bit, or somewhere country like that
Wyoming's about as good as it gets. I've lived in 5 different states so far and I could see me staying here.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

Unread 04-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

So today I was washing the Jeep...taking my time enjoying the superb sunshine and warm weather. Wash, wax, the works (still need to hit the inside, the girlfriend keeps complaining about getting mud on her clothes). No matter what I did every time I would walk around the front end, there would be mud on the bumper from dripping out of the fender. So I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. There's just too much junk going on up there to get all the dirt and mud out. So I thought, "Hey, I'll take the liners out and there won't be as many crevasses." So I got to it. The liner came out just find, but then I thought, there's still too much under there. So I decided that I didn't need that frame thing under the actual fender. I started unbolting and pulling and all the sudden, the fender just starts coming off. I figure, "What the hell. Premo's looks BA, I'll try it."

So I am now running fenderless on the front end. The rears may come off later.

I think it looks good. I think it'll be easier to clean in the wheel wells at least. And I'm okay with the throwing of more water/mud on the side. I usually hit it with the pressure washer after every outing anyways.

Unread 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #19
09GRNJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice I like that look without fenders. What about cutting the bumper to make it flush in the front??
09GRNJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #20
cyberpvnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

You never did let me know if you had rubbing from those tires at full turn.

I'm still trying to find them, having lots o' difficulty.

Looking for a 2DR JK softtop in good condition. Located in ILL.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #21
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm debating with the bumper chop. I might just take the plastic off and see how I like it with just the metal underneath.

No, not any rubbing while turning. I had some rubbing at full articulation.

Try 4wheelparts.com for the tires. I don't know if they'll have the Procomps in stock. They were sold out of the 16x8's when I ordered (and weren't supposed to get any till June), so they gave me the 16x10's.

Unread 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #22
cyberpvnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't want to hijack WVU's thread, but I ordered the exact same wheels and tires today except mine are the 16x8's. I had to get them from 2 different sources so they won't come mounted and balanced, but oh well.

Also going to go with the 2.5" RC lift and a 1.25" body lift.

First trip out with the new setup will be June 19th at the Badlands in Indiana. Can't wait.

And yes, I'll get pics up when it all arrives.

Looking for a 2DR JK softtop in good condition. Located in ILL.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #23
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sweet build so far. I like the no fenders, you should fab up some flat fenders.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #24
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Most recently I took some time to paint my exhaust and front bumper.

Here's a before for the bumper (well sort of). I got started, then thought I should take a picture.

And after:

All I have is an after for the exhaust (sorry, I forgot).

Unread 03-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
miked2905
2009 JK Wrangler 

How is your cb antenna mounted?
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #26
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

I picked up a trucker side view mirror bar clamp thing at a truck stop, used half to mount it with one of the bolts from the stock tire carrier.

Unread 03-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #27
snsedwards
2011 JK Wrangler 

You could always do this.

The smittybilt XRC Fenders offer alot more protection and still give the slim look of running no flares at all. Kind of a pain in the a$$ to install but well worth it IMHO. Just put these on a buddies JK this weekend.
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #28
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

The metal bumper under the plastic piece actually looks pretty good ala carte. Just need to cut off those stupid crush cans.
jeeperjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #29
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

WVU, Edwards has got the right idea up there...I love those fenders, and we know you're not as daft his buddy to add those god awful wheels and chrome grille - they would look killer on your rig (the fenders, not the bling bling ).

I haven't been able to determine whether they're $500/fender, or per pair (front/rear), but I think it's per fender
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #30
snsedwards
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
WVU, Edwards has got the right idea up there...I love those fenders, and we know you're not as daft his buddy to add those god awful wheels and chrome grille - they would look killer on your rig (the fenders, not the bling bling ).

I haven't been able to determine whether they're $500/fender, or per pair (front/rear), but I think it's per fender
Actually the grill is copper clad... The owner hapens to be a big wig at a big copper company. as for the wheels.... lol he drives it offroad like he stole it though, so i give him a pass on the wheels. All prices are for the pair. just be ready to drill alot of holes in the body. I think it was 7 holes per side on the rears and maybe just 2 per side on the fronts..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.