WVUJeeper's Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > WVUJeeper's Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

WVUJeeper's Build Thread

Okay, so I wanted to start a thread to sort of keep track of what I do to the Jeep. It won't move quickly, but I'll post up as things come up.

With some good weather and slow days at work I decided to get to work.

I got my 2.5" lift on and my 315/75/16 tires on. They wheels are ProComp 8079's.

Before:

During:

After:

I'm so stoked about it. I think it looks pretty bad ***.

I'm taking it out tomorrow to give her a test after I drive around town for a while and then re-torque down all the new bolts.

BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
badazzelanore
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Whats that about 6 inches of lift with lift and tires? It looks really great, makes me Jeep green with envy! I wish I could use my tax return to do alot of the things I would like to do.
badazzelanore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

When the 35's wear out, I'll go with 37's and a larger lift. Probably 3" long arm or something and then keep the BB on.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

Unread 04-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #4
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice work! Great looking rig. Looking forward to the thread.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

How do they run with your 3.73's? Especially in the mountains!?
I have 3.21's, with 255/70's, but I'm dying to get 33's! Prolly need to bump up to 4.10's, so it's way out of my budget right now
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Invictus
2007 JK Wrangler 

That's a great looking setup. I just bought a 2007 Unlimited X last night. Soon as I sell my XJ I'm planning to go for a setup a lot like what you have. Aside from the parts that came with the RC lift, did you add trackbars or anything else?
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was really worried about it after hearing all the horor stories about the automatic, but I had also heard that it was BEARABLE for the 6spd. To be completely honest, I don't notice a HUGE change in power. It's there in the acceleration and there's a difference in the steering, but I shift just like I always did (btwn 2500 and 3000 rpm). There's a bit more downshifting on hills, but I'm in the "flat" part of Wyoming. Casper is just NE of the range so we've got a few hills, but very few mountains. They've done pretty good about putting roads between and around mountains out here.

I'm gonna go with 5.33's and 37's sometime later when I can afford it, but that's pretty far out, like years. Gotta start saving.

Most of my upcoming mods will be custom home made stuff like fender and bumper chops and maybe some electronics.

PS wilywillie, I was born in VA, moved to WV soon after and lived there for 18 years before coming out here. The hills out here aren't anything compared to WV unless you're trying to get to the top of a mountain. Even then there's not a much larger differential between base elevation and mountain top unless you're in the big mountains like in CO. Casper Mountains peek is about 9000 ft while Casper (town) is at 5000 ft.

I dont' have a picture looking towards the mountain, but I have one looking down from the mountain. I don't think it's any different than looking down from the Shenandoa ridge into the valley.

Unread 04-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

nice little build so far. I can't wait to start my build! I am trying to decide if I should do what you did or just go all out and get 37s...

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

man ur tires stick out big time... like the jeep color... and now lets see some wheeling pics!

and to matt.. just go all out... i should of done that the first time...

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
man ur tires stick out big time... like the jeep color... and now lets see some wheeling pics!

and to matt.. just go all out... i should of done that the first time...
yeah I more than likely will. I was dissapointed when I only got 33s for my TJ

The rubi will be my DD though so thats why I am warry of 37s

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

sorry for hijacking WVUJeeper..

matt.. i run 37's with a 6" LA.. with 5.13 gears.. i get 15mpg city... its not bad.. and its not good.. but it will do... u will just have to put gas in ur jeep everyday... lol

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
That's a great looking setup. I just bought a 2007 Unlimited X last night. Soon as I sell my XJ I'm planning to go for a setup a lot like what you have. Aside from the parts that came with the RC lift, did you add trackbars or anything else?
I didn't install anything other than the lift and tires. I did get the quick discos from RC though.

I think the lack of trac bars is why the rear right sticks out that far. The left is in about an inch by comparison. And I'm not sure if the whole set up is settled yet....I had just lowered it off the jack stands when I took that pic.

Unread 04-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #13
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Did some testing today up over the mountain. There's some rubbing at full stuff, but I'll be chopping the fenders eventually, so I'm not too concerned.

Doin' my part to clean up trash. People leave shotgun shells all over the place out there.

Unread 04-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #14
09GRNJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sweet flex shots! Are you disconnected on those?
09GRNJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #15
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

haha thats funny, wish i lived in wyoming for a bit, or somewhere country like that
JkRyder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.