Writeup for swapping springs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Writeup for swapping springs

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #16
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Ok...........if I have no tags on the springs then how do I know which is which? Are they stamped anywhere? I really appreciate everyone's input!
you don't ...and finding out is probably WAY more work than its worth.

Go buy a set of proven OME coils for $150.

'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
rerard

Just finished... super easy, other than the lugs there are 2 other bolts per corner which use the same socket and are very easy to reach. I'll post some pics tonight in the JK pic sticky, 33s look perf with the unlimited springs IMO. I may actually hold off on trimming the bumper/flares.
rerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #18
dirtyjpwrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerard View Post
Just finished... super easy, other than the lugs there are 2 other bolts per corner which use the same socket and are very easy to reach. I'll post some pics tonight in the JK pic sticky, 33s look perf with the unlimited springs IMO. I may actually hold off on trimming the bumper/flares.
awesome. One question - did you use a torque wrench? I have all the tools except for that one...
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #19
rerard

No I didn't.... I doubt it matters for the shocks or the sway bar links, and your ok with the lugs as long as you are careful not to over tighten them.
rerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerard View Post
No I didn't.... I doubt it matters for the shocks or the sway bar links, and your ok with the lugs as long as you are careful not to over tighten them.
Make sure the lower shock mount bolts/nuts are tight. On my Rubi, the shock mount holes are slightly larger than the bolts. On the test drive after installing the lift I had a clunk on small bumps/crack. I then torqued all hardware to specs (like I should have to begin with) and the clunk was gone. The bolts had enough movement to make a nice clunking sound.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.