wrangler unlimited 12 valve - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > wrangler unlimited 12 valve

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
noah_pietzyk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

wrangler unlimited 12 valve

hey guys if anyone out there has any information about this it would be very much appreciated. myself and some friends would like to take a 2012 or 2013 wrangler unlimited body and place it on top of a 96 dodge 2500 12 valve frame and engine. we know this will take a lot of modifications and custom parts but we have the frame, motor, and are looking for the jeep body right now. could you all give me some specs about the jeep body and if possible any ideas or help.

noah_pietzyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_pietzyk
hey guys if anyone out there has any information about this it would be very much appreciated. myself and some friends would like to take a 2012 or 2013 wrangler unlimited body and place it on top of a 96 dodge 2500 12 valve frame and engine. we know this will take a lot of modifications and custom parts but we have the frame, motor, and are looking for the jeep body right now. could you all give me some specs about the jeep body and if possible any ideas or help.
Google MBRP Rattletrap. They have already built one.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
Google MBRP Rattletrap. They have already built one.
Agreed very sexy rig. Rattle trap is a monster
Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
noah_pietzyk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yes ik all about rattletrap but they used a jk frame and extended it 17 inches i want to put the jeep body on a dodge frame
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Asking for "Specs about the jeep body" has got to be the most open ended question i've ever heard.

Anything can be done with enough fabrication, however I think that if your start is posting up on a jeep forum asking about "specs about the jeep body" you might be in over your head.
Unread 10-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
noah_pietzyk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok yes to refine my first question i would like measurements of the width of the body, how long it is, if we drop it onto a 12 valve will we have to cut the fire wall. any suggestions on how to make the engine fit and what we will have to change. i know we are planning on shortening the frame a good 35 to 40 inches because of how long it is.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.