Which Wrangler to buy? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Which Wrangler to buy?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 12-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #31
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

You, sir, are officially a moron (I say that in the friendliest way possible). Nobody has claimed that a non-rubi is not meant for offroading, only that the rubi comes more capable in its stock form than the others, and for a reasonable price compared to the money and time spent in adding locker, discos (non electronic), rails, tires, gears, and go price out a new locked 44 by itself, for ****s sake.

Every person with half a brain here supports and appreciates nearly any jeep for what it is and for its potential, despite its equipment.

So yes yours is capable as well And might I suggest that next time you feel the need to prove a similar point, find a picture of your Jeep on more than a sandy road that my mother in-laws highlander could traverse without a hiccup.

Mike

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #32
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonVette View Post
yeah, whatever... If you plan on taking an X, Sport or Sahara in the gravel, dirt or even grass 4 inches high it will get stuck & explode because it was clearly not inteded for off road use. Duh, that's simple. We all know that the rubicon is an actual off road vehicle and those of us non-rubi owners are all mall crawlers, dating our sisters and have a 9th grade education, yeah, yep. that's right!

I had to call my neighbor girl who owns a rubi (which has NEVER seen dirt) to get me out of this bind (note the back tire is in 3" of gravel) :

then, I got stuck trying to climb this hill, jumped out, flagged a rubicon owner & he towed me to safety!

okay, thick with sarcasm over
Do you brush your hair in your reflection off of those fenders? Nice Rubi wheels and tires by the way
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #33
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

nah, don't sweat it my sweet friend. I am just trying to save the poor original owner from making a huge mistake. I mean, look at my Sahara, it has, gasp... painted fenders!!! OMG! Can you believe it?!?! Painted fenders? This totally explains why I got stuck in the 2" of snow we had last week. Sadly, my TJ and YJ had painted fenders too. As a matter of fact, nearly all Jeeps from day one had painted fenders. You guys are seriously cooler than most of the forum users, and you should keep letting us know this too.
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #34
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
nah, don't sweat it my sweet friend. I am just trying to save the poor original owner from making a huge mistake. I mean, look at my Sahara, it has, gasp... painted fenders!!! OMG! Can you believe it?!?! Painted fenders? This totally explains why I got stuck in the 2" of snow we had last week. Sadly, my TJ and YJ had painted fenders too. As a matter of fact, nearly all Jeeps from day one had painted fenders.
What YJ has painted fender flares other than the dreadful Renegade? And I can't think of a TJ that has painted fender flares either? Do we really need to get into this spitting match? Nobody EVER said that a Sahara couldn't wheel...simply that if you plan to wheel, and no we are not talking about two inches of snow or a sandy road, that a Rubicon is stock with a beefier front axle, lockers front and rear, well you get the point, it has only been said several times. And it has also been said that yes, the extra beef is uneccessary if you are using it for nothing more than driving on the beach, the occasional unpaved road, and around town.

I'm not sure why I'm still acknowledging your adolescent ignorance...

With that said, OP, I certainly hope their is enough information here to help you make an informed decision. Choosing which one to buy is completely relative to what you plan to use it for, and what modifications you plan for the future. Either way you're getting a fun rig and I wish you the best

Mike
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #35
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
nah, don't sweat it my sweet friend. I am just trying to save the poor original owner from making a huge mistake. I mean, look at my Sahara, it has, gasp... painted fenders!!! OMG! Can you believe it?!?! Painted fenders? This totally explains why I got stuck in the 2" of snow we had last week. Sadly, my TJ and YJ had painted fenders too. As a matter of fact, nearly all Jeeps from day one had painted fenders. You guys are seriously cooler than most of the forum users, and you should keep letting us know this too.
Hater.
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #36
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
You, sir, are officially a moron (I say that in the friendliest way possible).
I will be surprised if this doesn't get deleted. I commend you though. I don't know how many times I've wanted to say this but I'm too much of a *****.
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #37
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here are some pictures of actual wheeling:
Your axle won't do that. And, I'm pivoting on my rock rail.

You NEED lockers for this:
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #38
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't think cbloyer81 is trashing non-rubi models here when he and others point out the differences.

I wouldn't have a Rubicon if I didn't get mine for a bargain. I looked at and drove several X and Sahara models prior to buying my used Rubicon 6,500 miles on the odmeter. they are for the most part identical in how they handle / drive.

So this is how I break it down...
  • 4.10 Gears Very nice to have: X 2 for towing and off road for trails.
  • 4:1 T-Case better control and a slower crawl is nice but I've wheeled with 2.73:1 for years too.
  • Rock Rails already saved my bacon 3 -4 times. Hidden tree stumps + a rock that came out of nowhere.
  • SwayBar Disco a nice feature but not essential
  • How often do I use the lockers? Not often enough, but as I continue to tackle more difficult trails, its nice to know that one of the most $$$$ mods is already there and yes they have helped me get unstuck several times).

Its really about the total package more than any one feature.

Its up to the buyer to decide if they need or even want these features. If you love the Rubicon but not the price look for a used one.
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #39
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

"know thy roots..."

It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #40
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

This thread is loaded to the top with signature line WIN!!!!

Molshove said:
I'm not sure why I'm still acknowledging your adolescent ignorance...

and....

You, sir, are officially a moron

OregonVette:
We all know that the rubicon is an actual off road vehicle and those of us non-rubi owners are all mall crawlers, dating our sisters and have a 9th grade education, yeah, yep. that's right!

AWESOME!!!! I don't know which one to use first!!

I have to go now, I have a date with my sisters....did I mention that they are twins!! Woo Hoo!! Or even better......Hey Yall....Watch This!!!
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.