Would 35" Tires & Bushwacker Flat Flares rub w/o a lift? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Would 35" Tires & Bushwacker Flat Flares rub w/o a lift?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #16
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
So on a different note, can I assume that I'll be more than fine with 37s, 4" of lift and flats?
Yes- Another forum member (Sasquatch) is running that combination.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
hkenny90
2007 JK Wrangler 

do a 3" and 35" .. that in my opinion is a pretty good combo.
hkenny90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
RacingRandie
2009 JK Wrangler 

$150.00 and 2 hrs for RC BB just do it.
RacingRandie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #19
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

i know i'm digging a thread out from the dead, but i think that silver jeep looks perfect. sent a pic to the wife for "approval", lol

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #20
Nutt89
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
So on a different note, can I assume that I'll be more than fine with 37s, 4" of lift and flats?
I have xenon flat fenders 3" zone susp/2" bl w/37" boggers and have plenty of room.
Nutt89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #21
boostedboxer
2010 JK Wrangler 

35x12.5 no lift with bushwacker flat flares rubbed in the rear when I hit bumps etc. Added a lift and no more rubbing.
boostedboxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #22
mikek3
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have 315/75/16 (35s, for the most part, and i think 12.5'' wide), on wheels with 4.25'' backspacing. And cut my fenders to be flat, and left the inner fenders out.

My tires only rub in the front at full lock on the frame with a little bit of terrain(curb, ruts maybe, etc), and i cut the pinch seam in the rear, and don't see any rubbing back there. Have yet to wheel it any since the upgrade, but again, street driving is clear... barely. I plan on putting on a lift to compensate.

Oh, and flat fenders with 35s looks pretty good, imo. Just need to get a non-stock front bumper.
mikek3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #23
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt89 View Post
I have xenon flat fenders 3" zone susp/2" bl w/37" boggers and have plenty of room.
Please pay attention to the YEAR the previous posts were in. I am pretty sure he's got it sorted out by now.
Unread 09-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #24
ncb

10 characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242much View Post
i know i'm digging a thread out from the dead, but i think that silver jeep looks perfect. sent a pic to the wife for "approval", lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Please pay attention to the YEAR the previous posts were in. I am pretty sure he's got it sorted out by now.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #25
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore30 View Post
I am running 35s and flat fenders w/o a lift. You have to cut a little of the plastic skid plate from under the front bumper so that you can turn from lock to lock. No problems on the road and mild trails. No rocks for me in FL.

Nice Jeep :-)
sam_0168.jpg  
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #26
fan45acp
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKashat View Post
I am a Jeep newbie, but I do know how and have searched.

I'm thinking of running 35x12.50x20 BFG's Tires with KMC XD Series Addict wheels in Black on my 2010 Rubicon Unlimited when it arrives. I will probably add a 2-2.5" lift down the road but don't want to right away. Could I add the Bushwacker or Xenon Flat Fender Flares with 35" Tires and no lift w/o rubbing? The wheels are 20x9 (-12mm offset) and have 4.5" backspacing.

I know many here will not car for my wheel/tire combo choice, but so far, I like them more then anything else I've seen.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff.

Here are links showing the wheels & tires...
eBay

eBay
It will be fine in the MALL parking lot.Put a good 3" lift on the Jeep when you start using it OFF ROAD.
fan45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #27
willfrazier
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have found that 35"s and flatts will rub but only on off road use. For me I will be OK 99% of the time. Have decided to go with 4" procomp lift. A lift is not that expensive and never have to worry about how hard I hit a trail. I spent $2,000. You can put in Bump stops and not lift it but you will loose travel. Thanks for all the advice...
willfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #28
willfrazier
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have been looking at this for 3 mths. I have found on the street if you trim the pinch seams you will not rub. But offroad you will rub unless you add bump stops but that will lower your travel. I am presently installing a 4" procomp lift on a 2012 JK with 35"s. I tried without the lift and rubbed when offroad ~ i didn't even hit a hard trail and was bottoming out. I have been told a 2.5" will be enough but a 4" is only $300.00 more. Total cost for lift will be $2,000. Their are cheaper ones out their ($1,000.00)
willfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #29
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Double Necro-ed! This thread was born.... died for a year... revived.... dead for a year.... and revived again.

Impressive fellas!
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
propped1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #30
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

I think 35s without a lift is the perfect look. One of these days I will take my 3" lift off and put extended bump stops in for my dirt roading and hunting.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.