Would 35" Tires & Bushwacker Flat Flares rub w/o a lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Would 35" Tires & Bushwacker Flat Flares rub w/o a lift?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 11-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Would 35" Tires & Bushwacker Flat Flares rub w/o a lift?

I am a Jeep newbie, but I do know how and have searched.

I'm thinking of running 35x12.50x20 BFG's Tires with KMC XD Series Addict wheels in Black on my 2010 Rubicon Unlimited when it arrives. I will probably add a 2-2.5" lift down the road but don't want to right away. Could I add the Bushwacker or Xenon Flat Fender Flares with 35" Tires and no lift w/o rubbing? The wheels are 20x9 (-12mm offset) and have 4.5" backspacing.

I know many here will not car for my wheel/tire combo choice, but so far, I like them more then anything else I've seen.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff.

Here are links showing the wheels & tires...
eBay

eBay

JKashat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

I would say no, my 33's rub on my fenders, even if they could fit ( which i really dont think ) it wouldn't look right at all? But some more experianced member will explain more.
JkRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

You got the right amount of backspacing to prevent most horizontal rubbing, but I don't know if just flat flares alone are going to cut it for 35"s, especially if you plan on wheeling it.
Unread 11-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

It will cut it close. The Xenon's do tend to give you quite a bit more room.

For daily driving- no question you could easily put some Xenon's on and run 35's no lift. For wheeling- possibly. You might rub the fender when fully stuffed.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm hoping that I'd be OK for a while until I decided to do a 2-2.5" BB lift.
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKashat View Post
FWIW, the basic Rough country budget boost is about $150. If you have the cash to dump on 35" tires, I'm going to guess you probably can come up with $150.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
FWIW, the basic Rough country budget boost is about $150. If you have the cash to dump on 35" tires, I'm going to guess you probably can come up with $150.
Especially if he's also talking about Xenon or Bushwacker fenders. The RC lift is cheaper than those.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
35x12.50x20
Hmmmm......

You can make anything fit with a little cutting. But I'm assuming you're against that.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Hmmmm......

You can make anything fit with a little cutting. But I'm assuming you're against that.
Yeah, definitely against cutting. At least for now...
Unread 11-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
Bmore30
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am running 35s and flat fenders w/o a lift. You have to cut a little of the plastic skid plate from under the front bumper so that you can turn from lock to lock. No problems on the road and mild trails. No rocks for me in FL.

Bmore30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #11
Beltfed09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
x3 on the RC BB, It was like 150 shipped to my door.... super easy to put on, took me about 3 hours by myself.... a trained monkey could install this lift
Unread 11-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #12
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore30 View Post
I am running 35s and flat fenders w/o a lift. You have to cut a little of the plastic skid plate from under the front bumper so that you can turn from lock to lock. No problems on the road and mild trails. No rocks for me in FL.

I think that looks great! That's the look, stance and height I was looking for. Can you provide more pics of your setup and specs on your wheel/tires combo? Did you regear or is the 4.10 good enough w/ the 35's?
Unread 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #13
FatBuoy

So on a different note, can I assume that I'll be more than fine with 37s, 4" of lift and flats?

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Waiting to be installed: Nuttin!

On order: Nuttin!

Some day: I may grow up, but I seriously doubt it. Oh, and a Hemi!
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
So on a different note, can I assume that I'll be more than fine with 37s, 4" of lift and flats?
without a doubt
Unread 11-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #15
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Dude, just throw the BB on it. 35's will look like crap without a lift and flat fenders. It takes all of 3 hours to install a BB - I did it 2 weekends ago. It does help to have an extra set of hands.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.