Worth every penny! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Worth every penny!

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Worth every penny!

Finally. Iíve been waiting for years to get some kind deflators and inflators. The problem was I never wanted to spend the money on them. I thought, what the heck, I can do it for free. Well, I finally had enough of doing it the hard way and took the plunge. Now I kick myself in the *** for waiting so long. I actually enjoy airing down and then up. Along with my Warn PowerPlant, itís a pleasure doing so. These tools in the pic are worth every penny. They are the Staun deflators and the PowerTank inflator, TIG-8200.
Anyone still debating what to get give these a try. I bet youíll be more than pleased.

Unread 12-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

I swear by the stauns

And anyone that thinks they are too pricey- If you have a 4 Wheel Parts store near you- go to this website: shop4wheelparts.com/Default.aspx Fill out the form and they email you a $25 off in store coupon. I paid $60 for my Stauns at 4 Wheel Parts. So you'll be able to pick up stauns for $35- that's a bargain!

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.

Last edited by N2rock; 12-13-2008 at 06:38 AM..
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the exact same products. They are terrific...although I still need to play around with the deflators to get them set to as close to exactly 8 pounds as I can get them. Right now they're all a little different.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
yukonmuscle
2009 JK Wrangler 

looks like the standard tire guage/inflater that i have in my tool box although a little cheaper looking. Whats so special about the deflators? do the deflate to a certain pressure then stop?
yukonmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonmuscle View Post
looks like the standard tire guage/inflater that i have in my tool box although a little cheaper looking. Whats so special about the deflators? do the deflate to a certain pressure then stop?
Not sure what you have in your toolbox but rest assured that this inflator is top notch. It is very accurate and also is oil-filled. Cheap looking? No way. Unless yours is for airplane or NASCAR tires, yours is nothing special. Iím not going to type all the info about it here, so I would suggest you go on their Website and read. As far as the deflators go, thatís exactly what they do.
Unread 12-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
DougieFresh
2008 JK Wrangler 

That does look cool, I asked for the Staun deflators for christmas!
on a side note, why do you have a TJ in your avatar? It confuses me every time I look over and see it, I think 'oh god, here comes another TJ guy to rip on the JK's about ugly fenders or door handles' lol
OME HD Lift with NitroCharger shocks. JKS front and rear adjustable trackbars. 33" Toyo Open Country MT's on 18" XD Rockstars. JKS Quicker Disco's. RockHard 4x4 Oil Pan Skid. Shrockworks Rock Sliders. Woods SS relocation bracket & evap relocation bracket. sPod switch panel. Tuffy Security Cover

-Drive it like you stole it-
DougieFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonmuscle View Post
Yes, Stauns sells various models with different pressure adjustment abilities. The ones I have are adjustable from 15psi to 30psi- you just set them once to the pressure you want. And then from that point on, all you do is screw them on (when you get to the trail). They will deflate to the preset you set and stop. I have mine set at 15psi. They have other models that can be set lower.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #8
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
I have the exact same products. They are terrific...although I still need to play around with the deflators to get them set to as close to exactly 8 pounds as I can get them. Right now they're all a little different.
8lbs is pretty low. I tore through 2 sidewalls (rim damage) of my IROKS a couple of weekends ago at 10lbs. I'm going back up to 15lbs.

Anyway - I use the Stauns and love them. Screw them on and walk away to talk Jeeps with the others. After a while, walk back to jeep and take them off cause they are done.

The inflator is where I am having issues. I had one that had the same look, but it was garbage. I'll have to find one that is better. What does Oil-filled do for you that makes it work better?
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the tip on the coupon N2rock. I didnít know they had such a promotion going.
Unread 12-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougieFresh View Post
That does look cool, I asked for the Staun deflators for christmas!
on a side note, why do you have a TJ in your avatar? It confuses me every time I look over and see it, I think 'oh god, here comes another TJ guy to rip on the JK's about ugly fenders or door handles' lol
I hope Santa is good to you (Staunís).
Yeah, I know, a little confusing. No complaints here, I like the JK. The reason is that I joined this forum
(TJ) when I only had my TJ. After I got my JK I didnít have a good pic of it at the time I came to JK forum so I just carried it over to here. I do plan on changing it but I guess Iím too lazy at the moment. Sorry for the confusion.
Unread 12-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-Skydiver
The inflator is where I am having issues. I had one that had the same look, but it was garbage. I'll have to find one that is better. What does Oil-filled do for you that makes it work better?
The advantages to a liquid filled gauge are longer life, shock resistance, and higher accuracy.
Iím sure there are look-a-likes out there but this one is all business. All the fittings are top notch and the clip-on part for the valve stem is the best Iíve ever used. Period. It is so effortless that I had to keep checking it to see if it actually was attached. Itís that smooth and easy. It also doubles as a deflator too if you want.

Last edited by 1222; 12-14-2008 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: More info.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #12
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Oil filled just keeps the needle from bouncing around. There is probably more to it than that but not sure. Just a little extra feature.
Iím sure there are look-a-likes out there but this one is all business. All the fittings are top notch and the clip-on part for the valve stem is the best Iíve ever used. Period. It is so effortless that I had to keep checking it to see if it actually was attached. Itís that smooth and easy. It also doubles as a deflator too if you want.

I know nothing about the inflator... So does it fill to a preset (like the Stauns deflate to a preset?) I'm going to a Co2 system (Santa has it loaded in his sleigh). And wonder if there is such a thing as an inflator that goes to a preset and stops.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #13
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
I know nothing about the inflator... So does it fill to a preset (like the Stauns deflate to a preset?) I'm going to a Co2 system (Santa has it loaded in his sleigh). And wonder if there is such a thing as an inflator that goes to a preset and stops.
No, not to a preset. You squeeze the handle and it inflates the tire just like they all do. Whatís cool about it is that when you release it, the gauge will show the currant pressure. That way you donít have to add air then use a separate gauge to check the pressure and keep going back and forth between the two until you reach the desired pressure. Itís all in one handy unit.
Also if you want to adjust your tire pressure a little lower than you set the Stauns (or other preset deflators) at, just use the inflator to do that too. Again without guessing with two different tools.

If your Co2 system is from PowerTank, thatís the company who makes this inflator along with many more models to choose from. Iíve never heard of a preset inflator before.
Unread 12-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #14
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the info I think I'll look into one of those inflators to compliment my Co2 system

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #15
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
thanks for the info I think I'll look into one of those inflators to compliment my Co2 system
Youíre welcome. I think youíll be very pleased. Here is the info for it straight from their WebSite.

Part Number: TIG-8200 (2009)
Product Name: TIG-60-CO Heavy Duty Tire inflator

Description:
NEW 2009 MODEL! This is our most popular tire inflator model for the offroad market and is the one you want for your car if your tire pressures never are above 50 PSI. Now it features an easy to read 2.5" diameter LIQUID FILLED dial gauge with rubber shock boot gauge protection. The advantages to a liquid filled gauge are longer life, shock resistance, and higher accuracy. Other features are a tough 24" braided hose whip, European style clip on chuck on a 90* elbow (this allows easy access to stems pointing towards 4x4 hubs or large hub caps. The body is a high flow design with an ergonomic thumb trigger and a side pressure release button. This tool even works as a tire presure gauge by itself.

List Price: $87.44
Our Price: $69.95
Sale Price: $58.00
You Save: $29.44

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.