JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Worth every penny! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/worth-every-penny-649292/)

1222 12-12-2008 11:55 PM

Worth every penny!

Finally. Iíve been waiting for years to get some kind deflators and inflators. The problem was I never wanted to spend the money on them. I thought, what the heck, I can do it for free. Well, I finally had enough of doing it the hard way and took the plunge. Now I kick myself in the *** for waiting so long. I actually enjoy airing down and then up. Along with my Warn PowerPlant, itís a pleasure doing so. These tools in the pic are worth every penny. They are the Staun deflators and the PowerTank inflator, TIG-8200.
Anyone still debating what to get give these a try. I bet youíll be more than pleased. :thumbsup::2thumbsup:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/r...m/JK005s-1.jpg

N2rock 12-13-2008 06:13 AM

I swear by the stauns :2thumbsup:

And anyone that thinks they are too pricey- If you have a 4 Wheel Parts store near you- go to this website: shop4wheelparts.com/Default.aspx Fill out the form and they email you a $25 off in store coupon. I paid $60 for my Stauns at 4 Wheel Parts. So you'll be able to pick up stauns for $35- that's a bargain!

BRICKTOP2 12-13-2008 10:02 AM

I have the exact same products. They are terrific...although I still need to play around with the deflators to get them set to as close to exactly 8 pounds as I can get them. Right now they're all a little different.

yukonmuscle 12-13-2008 12:22 PM

looks like the standard tire guage/inflater that i have in my tool box although a little cheaper looking. Whats so special about the deflators? do the deflate to a certain pressure then stop?

1222 12-13-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukonmuscle (Post 6169697)
looks like the standard tire guage/inflater that i have in my tool box although a little cheaper looking. Whats so special about the deflators? do the deflate to a certain pressure then stop?

Not sure what you have in your toolbox but rest assured that this inflator is top notch. It is very accurate and also is oil-filled. Cheap looking? No way. Unless yours is for airplane or NASCAR tires, yours is nothing special. Iím not going to type all the info about it here, so I would suggest you go on their Website and read. As far as the deflators go, thatís exactly what they do. :2thumbsup:

DougieFresh 12-13-2008 04:27 PM

That does look cool, I asked for the Staun deflators for christmas!
on a side note, why do you have a TJ in your avatar? It confuses me every time I look over and see it, I think 'oh god, here comes another TJ guy to rip on the JK's about ugly fenders or door handles' lol ;)

N2rock 12-13-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukonmuscle (Post 6169697)

Yes, Stauns sells various models with different pressure adjustment abilities. The ones I have are adjustable from 15psi to 30psi- you just set them once to the pressure you want. And then from that point on, all you do is screw them on (when you get to the trail). They will deflate to the preset you set and stop. I have mine set at 15psi. They have other models that can be set lower.

tx-Skydiver 12-13-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 (Post 6169098)
I have the exact same products. They are terrific...although I still need to play around with the deflators to get them set to as close to exactly 8 pounds as I can get them. Right now they're all a little different.

8lbs is pretty low. I tore through 2 sidewalls (rim damage) of my IROKS a couple of weekends ago at 10lbs. I'm going back up to 15lbs.

Anyway - I use the Stauns and love them. Screw them on and walk away to talk Jeeps with the others. After a while, walk back to jeep and take them off cause they are done.

The inflator is where I am having issues. I had one that had the same look, but it was garbage. I'll have to find one that is better. What does Oil-filled do for you that makes it work better?

1222 12-13-2008 09:52 PM

Thanks for the tip on the coupon N2rock. I didnít know they had such a promotion going. :thumbsup::2thumbsup:

1222 12-13-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougieFresh (Post 6170706)
That does look cool, I asked for the Staun deflators for christmas!
on a side note, why do you have a TJ in your avatar? It confuses me every time I look over and see it, I think 'oh god, here comes another TJ guy to rip on the JK's about ugly fenders or door handles' lol ;)

I hope Santa is good to you (Staunís). :laugh:
Yeah, I know, a little confusing. No complaints here, I like the JK. The reason is that I joined this forum
(TJ) when I only had my TJ. After I got my JK I didnít have a good pic of it at the time I came to JK forum so I just carried it over to here. I do plan on changing it but I guess Iím too lazy at the moment. Sorry for the confusion. :2thumbsup:

1222 12-13-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx-Skydiver
The inflator is where I am having issues. I had one that had the same look, but it was garbage. I'll have to find one that is better. What does Oil-filled do for you that makes it work better?

The advantages to a liquid filled gauge are longer life, shock resistance, and higher accuracy.
Iím sure there are look-a-likes out there but this one is all business. All the fittings are top notch and the clip-on part for the valve stem is the best Iíve ever used. Period. It is so effortless that I had to keep checking it to see if it actually was attached. Itís that smooth and easy. It also doubles as a deflator too if you want. :2thumbsup:

N2rock 12-14-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1222 (Post 6172134)
Oil filled just keeps the needle from bouncing around. There is probably more to it than that but not sure. Just a little extra feature.
Iím sure there are look-a-likes out there but this one is all business. All the fittings are top notch and the clip-on part for the valve stem is the best Iíve ever used. Period. It is so effortless that I had to keep checking it to see if it actually was attached. Itís that smooth and easy. It also doubles as a deflator too if you want. :2thumbsup:

I know nothing about the inflator... So does it fill to a preset (like the Stauns deflate to a preset?) I'm going to a Co2 system (Santa has it loaded in his sleigh). And wonder if there is such a thing as an inflator that goes to a preset and stops.

1222 12-14-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 6172924)
I know nothing about the inflator... So does it fill to a preset (like the Stauns deflate to a preset?) I'm going to a Co2 system (Santa has it loaded in his sleigh). And wonder if there is such a thing as an inflator that goes to a preset and stops.

No, not to a preset. You squeeze the handle and it inflates the tire just like they all do. Whatís cool about it is that when you release it, the gauge will show the currant pressure. That way you donít have to add air then use a separate gauge to check the pressure and keep going back and forth between the two until you reach the desired pressure. Itís all in one handy unit.
Also if you want to adjust your tire pressure a little lower than you set the Stauns (or other preset deflators) at, just use the inflator to do that too. Again without guessing with two different tools.

If your Co2 system is from PowerTank, thatís the company who makes this inflator along with many more models to choose from. Iíve never heard of a preset inflator before. :2thumbsup:

N2rock 12-14-2008 09:55 AM

thanks for the info :thumbsup: I think I'll look into one of those inflators to compliment my Co2 system

1222 12-14-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 6173431)
thanks for the info :thumbsup: I think I'll look into one of those inflators to compliment my Co2 system

Youíre welcome. I think youíll be very pleased. Here is the info for it straight from their WebSite. :2thumbsup:

Part Number: TIG-8200 (2009)
Product Name: TIG-60-CO Heavy Duty Tire inflator

Description:
NEW 2009 MODEL! This is our most popular tire inflator model for the offroad market and is the one you want for your car if your tire pressures never are above 50 PSI. Now it features an easy to read 2.5" diameter LIQUID FILLED dial gauge with rubber shock boot gauge protection. The advantages to a liquid filled gauge are longer life, shock resistance, and higher accuracy. Other features are a tough 24" braided hose whip, European style clip on chuck on a 90* elbow (this allows easy access to stems pointing towards 4x4 hubs or large hub caps. The body is a high flow design with an ergonomic thumb trigger and a side pressure release button. This tool even works as a tire presure gauge by itself.

List Price: $87.44
Our Price: $69.95
Sale Price: $58.00
You Save: $29.44

The time now is 03:11 AM.