Working on a friends jku and need help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Working on a friends jku and need help.

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Working on a friends jku and need help.

Doing some minor fixes, friend is a truck driver and is going off road for first time seven months next month. I noticed a headlight was not looking right. Thought it just needed aimed, it turned out to be loose. After investigating today, I figured out the part the adjuster screws sit in is broke (plastic black piece). Anyone know what that is called that I can fix this? I am doing this as a favor without asking because he has let my wife and myself drive his jku offload before. I have until July 5th until he will be wheeling it.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
ncb

Here's a link with the adjuster-

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Exterior-Par...FUNgMgodqjUANg

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Exterior-...FUNgMgodqjUANg
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The screw itself is fine, the plastic piece is broke.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

I would bet its a dealer item... unless the part linked above has both the screw and the plastic part (like older cars sets do). Call dealer and get the part number!
Unread 06-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Google part #: 55078148AC

Should get you in the ball park.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.