Woods VIAIR OBA Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Woods VIAIR OBA Install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Woods VIAIR OBA Install

Hey guys Woods has been working to get this kit together for guys like me who like one stop shopping. The kit is ready to install with super clear and idiot proof directions ( i need those).

Here is the kit after i unboxed everything.....

I started with getting some of the fittings installed on the manifold.

Once the Maniflod was secured to the compressor mount it was time to slide her in. For removing the 2 nuts on the brake booster, if you have fat fingers like i do it works great to just pull the wheel well liner and VIOLA they are right there

As you can see this setup works perfect with the sPOD

Next I moved onto mounting the tank and i hit the first obstacle...... Woods designed his mounts to have the U bolts run over the cross member, well I have the Offroad Evo Sector Shaft brace so that was not going to work. So i installed them on the top of the cross member with the U Bolts running under the brackets. The only concern i have now is that it moved the tank up a bit so I will have to keep and eye on the engine temp and make sure shes getting enough air flow.

I went back to making a few more of the plumbing connections before i called it a night and I will promise you that this is a super easy install. It took me less than an hour to get to this point before calling it quits to spend some time with the family.

Dr.Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
CooterTKE
2010 JK Wrangler 

how easy is it to get to the oil filter?
CooterTKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooterTKE View Post
how easy is it to get to the oil filter?
Ill take a picture tomm of it from the bottom. It actually sits higher than it looks and does not intrude with the filter at all.
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm gonna assume that you have a 6-spd manual xmission, because I can't imagine the setup working with an Auto and restricting the radiator airflow--low---

Man Ol John put a lot of work in designing that sPOD, SOURCE platform--My ARB compressor clears it well also, but it looks like changing the oil filter would be a PITA

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
I'm gonna assume that you have a 6-spd manual xmission, because I can't imagine the setup working with an Auto and restricting the radiator airflow--low---

Man Ol John put a lot of work in designing that sPOD, SOURCE platform--My ARB compressor clears it well also, but it looks like changing the oil filter would be a PITA

JIMBO
I do have an Auto and have never had issues with cooling and my winch is directly infront of the grill

the tank only blocks about 1.5 inches of the lower radiator.

Ill keep an eye on the tranny temp as well as the engine temp with my aeroforce gauge.

the filter is no more difficult to acess than before
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Good luck, didn't you get the J30 recall on the auto cooling ???

Our JK's are similar in equipment--You didn't say whether or not you have an aux xmission cooler, I'm afraid you're on borrowed time right now--maybe not--it's your jeep so you know how it survives !!

Good looker too

JIMBO
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

nope no aux cooler either i have been running it hard for 20k with the current set up and no issues in the high dez heat. I drive roughly 200 miles a day round trip. I do keep a constant eye on the tranny temp and it has only ever got above 200 deg once. but i service my tranny every 10k and i think that helps to keep the heat down to have good clean fresh fluid in it
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the write up Doc.
I just got the 20001 from Woods during the Group buy
I've been trying to decide where to install the tank until now!
Is yours the 2½gal. tank?
I'm looking forward to the rest of your install.
Thanks again

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanx Dr.Dirty, My auto stays cool to, under all conditions and I have temp gages to keep tabs on the auto fluid temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
nope no aux cooler either i have been running it hard for 20k with the current set up and no issues in the high dez heat. I drive roughly 200 miles a day round trip. I do keep a constant eye on the tranny temp and it has only ever got above 200 deg once. but i service my tranny every 10k and i think that helps to keep the heat down to have good clean fresh fluid in it
There's been lots of xmission heat troubles and we're in the minority, without problems

Stay KEWL !!

JIMBO
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #10
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Thanx Dr.Dirty, My auto stays cool to, under all conditions and I have temp gages to keep tabs on the auto fluid temp

There's been lots of xmission heat troubles and we're in the minority, without problems

Stay KEWL !!

JIMBO

I know the tranny temps are the reason i bought the aeroforce gauge. Mine is an 07 and i have never had an issue with the heat in three years. worst case ill remove the sectorshaft brace or relocate the tank somewhere.
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #11
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

The new bezel should be there today or tomorrow...we shipped it yesterday.

Yeah!!!! the Final Parts showed up today sPod doesnt play around. Thanks guys!!!!!

here are some pictures with it now i have some other fun things to add but they can wait till i decide if im going to move the tank or the sector shaft brace.

Unread 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #12
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

it only cast me 60 bucks for tranny cooler and now it stays around 130 deg. for me it was well worth the money. also its easy to install. nice setup with the air and great looking jeep.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #13
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaggan123 View Post
it only cast me 60 bucks for tranny cooler and now it stays around 130 deg. for me it was well worth the money. also its easy to install. nice setup with the air and great looking jeep.
I have a tranny cooler just to lazy to install it lol someday...... its on the list

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.