Wish me luck-lift going on tomorrow! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wish me luck-lift going on tomorrow!

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #46
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am not trying to get defensive. And like how you said you would start with a frankenlift. I avoided the kits and built my Jeep with a kit I made myself.

As to the brake routing, it may work sure. I was just trying to get the OP to try it for himself. The picture of my brake lines is with the opposite wheel fully stuffed to the bumpstop and the wheel in the picture fully drooped, then it was also a hard turn to the right. Thats the worst case for that brake line. He should go out and try that with that setup and see if it works. If it does great, if not then its better to find out in a garage than out on a trail when you blow a brake line.

Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #47
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Though I haven't had any issues ,this is how I ran mine on my 2012.
shock-brakeline.jpg

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #48
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

And the moment you've all been waiting for!

Before:
2013-09-16-08.49.05.png

After:
2013-11-25-12.00.09.png
Black 2014 JKU Sport S, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT w/ Bilstein 5100s, 255/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler A/T, Rubicon rock rails, front grill mesh mod, Jeep door sill guards, matte black Jeep grill emblem, matte black exhaust, Synrgy upper and lower bolt swap(highly recommend), tires pending...
Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #49
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

Sorry the pics are so small. Every time I post pics, something seems to be different. I never seem to be able to do it the same way twice!
Black 2014 JKU Sport S, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT w/ Bilstein 5100s, 255/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler A/T, Rubicon rock rails, front grill mesh mod, Jeep door sill guards, matte black Jeep grill emblem, matte black exhaust, Synrgy upper and lower bolt swap(highly recommend), tires pending...
Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #50
HappyTrails
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrancis View Post
Sorry the pics are so small. Every time I post pics, something seems to be different. I never seem to be able to do it the same way twice!
Yeah, I noticed that. The second pic makes your Jeep look taller.
Looks great! Just need some bigger tires now.
Bunch of other junk.

"Y'all kin say whut y'all want 'bout the South, buy y'all never heard o' nobody retirin' an' movin' North."
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.