Wiring Delta Skybar to sPOD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wiring Delta Skybar to sPOD

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wiring Delta Skybar to sPOD

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question, but I really have no idea what I’m doing from an electrical and wiring standpoint, hence the sPOD.

Anyways, this is a diagram of how you would normally wire the Skybar. The sPOD seems to eliminate the need for almost all of this except the yellow wires which connects directly to the sPOD.

The sPOD has a connection for the switch and ground.

My question is am I ok attaching the 2 yellow wires to a switch each with the one ground wire? I might be wrong, but I feel like there should be 1 ground wire to go with 1 yellow wire. I am a visual person so here is my interpretation of how this would look.

I might be over thinking this, but I just want to ensure that I don’t mess this up. Thank you very much!

slimtim454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

depends on if you want two switches or one! The SPod has a separate ground for each switch - but they all go to one ground for the whole unit so it does not really matter.

Connect BOTH yellow wires to same sw lug and the ground to that switches ground for one switch operation.

Connect the yellows just as you have diagrammed for two switch operation. (why two circuits? Is the light set a high\low set or does one switch operate half while the other operates the other half?).

The SPod can handle 30Amps per circuit (just checked specs on Delta product - 27.5 with all lit). But two switches would give you the ability to use all or some rather all or none!
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Connect the yellows just as you have diagrammed for two switch operation. (why two circuits? Is the light set a high\low set or does one switch operate half while the other operates the other half?).
Good question, Iím not exactly sure. I think the latter is correct. So Iím good with the 1 ground with 2 separate switches?
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimtim454 View Post
Good question, Iím not exactly sure. I think the latter is correct. So Iím good with the 1 ground with 2 separate switches?
yes you are. All of the ground lugs in the spod go directly to the big ground term. The light bar uses a single ground so all will work fine. It would also work grounding the black wire anywhere - but I like dedicated grounds and the SPod's ability to accomodate that!
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
yes you are. All of the ground lugs in the spod go directly to the big ground term. The light bar uses a single ground so all will work fine. It would also work grounding the black wire anywhere - but I like dedicated grounds and the SPod's ability to accomodate that!
Thank you very much! I appreciate your time!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.