Wire harness help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wire harness help

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
nameisdakar
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wire harness help

So today I was cleaning the outside of my jeep. Got done with that and I figured I would spray down the engine. I opened the hood and removed the top engine shroud. What I found was a big ol mouse nest on the left side of my intake manifold. So I took an air gun and blasted everything out. Then I noticed that the flipping devil spawns (with fluffy ears) chewed on the wires by the connector. My question is, does anyone know how to get the wire terminals out of the connector? I want to put shrink tubing on the damaged wires.

nameisdakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

very slim chance of success, because the harness /conn terminals are either bonded/pressure compressed and aren't made for repair, so-

A simpler/ length saving method is to figure the wires you need/want to "save"-trace back a few inch's from the connecter and cut (one at a time), slip some shrinkon (proper length), over the wire-strip wire insulation-1/4" back on each side (same wire) and join/w crimp connectors(Butt Connectors)--then slide shrinkon in place and (SHRINKON)-

Lets have a party--

This way you won't take a chance on harness/conn damage and if you've ever doneit, you can even saturate the crimp conns/w solder (careful) of other wires--

I've done this with the 20/22 gage Rubi Locker Relays, so just make sure you have clearance and be CAREFUL--

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.