Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wiper fluid sprayer aims too high.....

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  jakeswingman 
#1 ·
The wiper fluid sprayer on my JK is aimed to high and hits the soft top more than the widshield. Then it drips down off the top onto the windshield for the next 5 minutes after I spray it.

And when the top is down..... :eek:

Are others experiencing this? I'm gonna have my dealer adjust it, unless it's something I can easily do myself.

#3 ·
The solution is easy! It's designed to only be used when moving at 75 MPH... the airflow will force it on to the windshield... :D

#7 ·
Install a 6" or 8" lift...this should raise the windshield high enough

#9 ·
Well... I fiddled around with it with a paperclip, but no luck. The plastic piece that sits on the hood and connects to the actual spray hose is what determines the aim, and it's manufactured to spray over the windshield :rolleyes:

Looks like i'm gonna have to try the hydraulics :laugh:

#11 ·
Could be too much pressure...maybe try thicker water...but seriously since you are not an isolated incident and they are fixed w/out possibility of adjustment there may be similiar ones with differenet angles and may have the wrong ones on your Jeep...you may check Cal-Co for replacement ones or like TeamCNY said take it to the dealer

#13 ·
doojer said:
Well... I fiddled around with it with a paperclip, but no luck. The plastic piece that sits on the hood and connects to the actual spray hose is what determines the aim, and it's manufactured to spray over the windshield :rolleyes:

Looks like i'm gonna have to try the hydraulics :laugh:
try a pin. need something that will fit into the hole

#14 ·
dsy said:
try a pin. need something that will fit into the hole
The paperclip fit (it was a really thin paperclip). I actually managed to shift the sprayer around, but the flow just hit the top of the plastic piece it shoots through. It's the plastic piece on the hood that seems to be the problem-- and I don't think that can be adjusted. In any case, I'm just gonna let the dealer figure it out before i end up breaking something :p

Thanks for the advice!

#15 ·
Take advantage of the 60 degree climb angle except face downhill when you use the washer fluid. Don't press hard either. With gravity the fluid should probably land on the windshield. ;)

Seriously though -- is this happening when you are driving or when you are parked? Any difference. Hopefully you're not going uphill and squirting hard.

#17 ·
Yeah, ours does the same thing also. With the top off you get wet regardless of the speed your traveling, and at highway speeds it doesn't spray enough down low so the bottom part of the windshield doesn't get clean. (I was cussing them after the snow storm)

But, at least the back doesn't work good either. A straight stream in my case. No spray at all, so it's about 50% worthless.

#18 ·
Hyper ejackulation of the windshield wiper squirter...a common problem problem with Jeeps spending too much time on concrete or asphault...I saw on the "Jeep Whisperer"...In order to get the Jeep into a submissive state...drive off-road once a day for at least 45 minutes..accumulating some dust or mud will instill the need for fluid on the windshield...staying calm and assertive, RPM's lowered, without eye contact to the Jeep...firmly twist the washer control...give praise to the Jeep only when water is squirted directly onto the glass

#19 ·
Dshizzle2005 said:
I saw on the "Jeep Whisperer"...In order to get the Jeep into a submissive state...drive off-road once a day for at least 45 minutes..accumulating some dust or mud will instill the need for fluid on the windshield...staying calm and assertive, RPM's lowered, without eye contact to the Jeep...firmly twist the washer control...give praise to the Jeep only when water is squirted directly onto the glass
this is seriously the funniest thing i've read all day...

#21 ·
I thought the spray was to keep tailgaters back off of our bumpers. I filled my washer tank with mud from wheeling the prior weekends just for them.

#23 ·
everyone has a joke but nobody has a fix... if i wanted to waste my time reading through 15 "funny posts" I would head over to the KK forum...

seriously this seems to be a design flaw, i havent poked around too much as I've had my new 2011 jk unlimited for about 2 weeks now. I was more concerned with how to turn off the ESP/ABS. On my 2002 TJ there are tiny ball joint type nozzles that can be re-directed using a push-pin or small needle. Is this not possible on the newer models with the single sprayer on the center of the hood rather than the dual spray nozzles? I would really like to re-direct the spray rather than waste a gallon of fluid trying to get the lower left wiper cleaning area cleared out. hopefully someone will respond whos not just trying to get a giggle.

#24 ·
Instead of using a pin or a paper clip use a "pen drill". They come with extremely small drill bits that you can use to widen the hole or just replace the spay nozzle it could of been a defective batch.

My giggle response would be:
Get a percussion adjustment tool (aka: BFH) and give the hood a good wack between the nozzel and ferring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.