Winch on Factory JK Bumper? Which Mount? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Winch on Factory JK Bumper? Which Mount?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #31
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Never mind... I see where he said that now... Here is some more pics of his... Im going to do mine that way also... Hopefully the mud doesnt get up in there too bad...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...4/#post9137109

MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #32
SharkBite
2013 WK 

sorry guys, i'm on vacation and haven't checked the site in a while. Thanks for the kind words on my bumper mod. The winch plate I used is the universal winch channel from Harbor Freight. It took a little trimming, but it is plenty sturdy and can be used on top as well. It was $30 when I bought mine 3 years ago, definitely worth 15 minutes of trimming compared to the prices of the JK-specific plates. I have a word doc I have sent to a few people with some details of the mod, but I didn't take any pics during the build as I was flying by the seat of my pants and had no idea how it would turn out! PM me your email if you want a copy of the doc.
SharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
WhiteJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

I see how mud or debris could be an issue. You might consider some type of cover plate; light weight metal or aluminum bent at a vise and installed with a few bolts. If I can ever afford a winch this is the route I will take; good job with the inside info guys.
WhiteJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #34
Jmarroquin

Badland winch mount

Just wanted to share with you guys the installation of my son's Badland winch plate that we did this weekend. I purchased a Badland winch for his X-mas gift, so I decided to do the winch plate ahead of time and found out that winch plates for Jeep JK's are not cheap! Anyway I saw this Badland winch plate at HF and liked the construction of it, not to mention that it fits the 9,000 lb winch I got him, so I decided to give it a shot. I purchased it for $42. then spent around $25. for the 1/2" hardware and two hooks. The rest I fabricated for $0.00 myself since I work at a machine shop. Just know that it can be done just as well with regular tools in your garage so long you have the time and skills. I will post a new thread later on of the entire install and fab work if anyone is interested...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #35
nwco4x4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Will tje upside down mount work with a 13 rubicon
nwco4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
factory bumper , installation , JK Wrangler , mount , winch , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.