Will you wave to a JK? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Closed Thread
Unread 06-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #91
Kentuckyarms
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes, I will wave

RE 2" Budget Boost
285/75/16 MT
Unread 06-28-2006, 08:27 PM   #92
Vern Burny

I will wave to any jeep. I have a question for those who say they won't wave. Is it only the new 4 door unlimited you won't wave to or will you not wave to the 2 door either?
Unread 06-29-2006, 11:35 AM   #93
BIGNUTT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Why would you TJ guys not wave to the more capable Jeep? Everything on it is better or stronger besides the gas tank location and the 4.0L is gone.

Proud to be a Christian
Unread 06-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #94
JeepJohnson
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Better is just a personal opinion. There are those of us that don't want a bigger, more complicated, more "refined" Jeep.
Low Output 2.5L Member #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaldor View Post
The top is a Barkertop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeman29 View Post
OH WOW, it electrically smashes all the fabric and windows together and looks like a big burnt marshmallow hangin off the back of your rig!!!!
Unread 06-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #95
Jacked93

Lost the Plot

I think that we are all missing the point here. If you take your time and read over these posts, I think you'll see what I mean. Look at the people in Canada, nobody seems to wave there. How 'bout people who have newer Jeeps and snub those with older ones and vice versa.
I believe the reason for this is because the Jeep is an American classic with a long history. People don't wave because they don't understand this. I have owned a CJ, YJ, and TJ, along with a Comanche 2wd. I will not own a 4-door Wrangler. Here's the reason why. It is not a "Jeep". My Comanche is not a "Jeep". It may have the name, but it doesn't have the history.
The Jeep has been so popular because it has remained unchanged for the most part. From CJs to YJs to TJs, the Wrangler has essentially remained unchanged. Yes, they are different, but that is because Jeep used the simplest, most reliable, and most proven, modern equipment to build their vehicles. That's why the Jeep is so good off-road... it was designed for it. Was the Comanche, Cherokee etc. designed for severe off-road capability? Not really. Can they be made to handle such terrain? Absolutely. Any Jeep can, that's the beauty of it. That is why it is an exclusive "cult" to those who understand.
We cannot forget that the Jeep was originally designed for the sole purpose of navigating the most God-forsaken territories in the world to defend this great, free nation. We also cannot forget that the first people to take pride in, and to modify the Jeep were those defending our freedom. The Jeep is about freedom and a brotherhood, this is where "the Jeep wave" came from.
I will continue to wave to all true Jeeps which embody the spirit with which they were created. I am sure those reading this are wondering where the cut-off is, where do we draw the line? If its a CJ, YJ or TJ, a wave should be automatic. If its a heavily modified Cherokee or another "Jeep" and looks like it has been around, by all means wave.
Let's not destroy the exclusivity of the Jeep by not waving and being traitors to its true heritage. If someone doesn't wave back... no hard feelings... it's their loss. They don't understand what having a Jeep is all about.
Unread 06-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #96
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

AMEN Brotha
Unread 06-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #97
badtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Very well put, Jacked93. I always wave back if waved to. Any CJ/YJ/TJ or modified jeep, I initiate the wave, regardless of "status". I simply don't wave to most liberty's/grands because I KNOW they won't wave back. But if they wave, I'm waving back. It'll be the same for the JKs.

Metalhead Jeep Club #2
Unread 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #98
IH8MUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNUTT
Why would you TJ guys not wave to the more capable Jeep? Everything on it is better or stronger besides the gas tank location and the 4.0L is gone.
More capable ???? Wake up you crack head.
Unread 06-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #99
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8MUD
More capable ???? Wake up you crack head.
He may very well be right.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Unread 06-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #100
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How can one argue, ir try to argue what one is better when one is not in production, nor has it been in the trail and been tested in production form. I just dont get it. Lets get it, run it, test it, then compare it. What fun would the net be then?
Unread 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #101
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNUTT
Hey! It's not a TJ thing; it's an arrogant *****hole thing! lol Besides, it sounds to me like it's more the CJ/YJ guys who are being stubborn. I'll wave to any wrangler; you'll just get a bigger smile the more it looks like it's used for what God and Jeep intended!

I'll even wave to the dinosaurs in the CJs! lol I've owned my share of 35 - 40 year old cars, and I know it can be challenging to keep them in decent running condition, and with some of the old guys in the CJs, it might be hard for them to get it up. . . . umm . . . their hands, to wave, that is . . . . lol
Unread 07-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #102
XM DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
Of course I'll wave, one day I may be owning one myself.

Face it, Jeep has to make the move. Considering what they could do with the JK, the actual result is not that bad at all... even if it includes a few ammenities a Wrangler shouldn't have. I'm not a fan of them yet, but it's still a Jeep... and I like all Jeeps. Like it or not, they will be in showrooms in a few short months and they will be all over the roads.. the 4 door will sell like hotcakes too.

Btw, '06 is the last of the TJ model.
What he said.
Unread 07-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #103
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

im going to miss the 4.0... simplicity

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Unread 07-03-2006, 02:42 AM   #104
einstienbc
2000 XJ Cherokee 

A jeep is a jeep. I wave at anything, and usually get a wave back. Even a time or two from a soccer mom driving a Liberty.
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #105
GC2000CO

Coming from the perspective of a WJ owner, in a way it's a different world for me. My Dad had a CJ-5 when I was a little kid and "The Wave" was what Jeep owners did. I always liked that because it felt like we were part of a club, and I do it today in spite of my "lesser" or "not real" Jeep. It's just part of the Jeep Thing. I own a GC because I can only afford one vehicle, so I wanted the best of both worlds. It is good on the road, where I spend most of my time, but it is plenty capable for what I want to do offroad as well. I'll wave at the JK because it is more of a Jeep than mine is.

BTW, I think the elitist attitude displayed by some Jeep owners completely goes against the spirit of owning a Jeep. Just sayin'...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.