Will you wave to a JK? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Closed Thread
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #76
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJVigilante
As for the above poster....You don't think it's more capable than the current TJ? With stouter axles all around, more options for gear ratios even on the non-rubicon models, wider and longer stance for more on-trail stability, taller tire options from the factory(albeit an 18" wheel option for the pavement pounders, yuck), a more powerful and more fuel efficient engine(with the above mentioned gearing just as capable on the trail), electronic disconnecting sway bar in the Rubicon....yes it'll be way more capable than the current TJ. I don't like all the computerized driving aids though...I can do without that.
Biggest thing - out of the box - will be electronic ABS based traction control. That alone will make it more capable then any open diff Jeep. And easier to control, when you do not realy need full locker.

Unread 06-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #77
03jeeper78

I'll definitely wave, and part of me may even be wishing I were driving one.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #78
NoUse328
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've tried to wave at the 3 or 4 that I've seen so far. Apparently DCX employees aren't current with their "Jeep culture" as none of them waved back.

That said, these guys aren't true Jeepers and DCX should hire me!
Unread 06-15-2006, 04:19 AM   #79
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just got my Jeep last month so I had never really heard of "the wave" before reading this thread. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada..

I decided to try it out, I waved to about 10-12 Jeepers in the last few days and haven't got a sinlge wave back yet. I know some people up here do it, but it doesn't seem to be as promenent as in the US. It's kind of funny, you feel like somewhat of a ******* waving to people and not getting a response, but I won't give up!

This is how it goes:

........ :
............ :
repeat

Oh.. and yes. I will wave to JKs.

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 06-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #80
fourtwenty
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
No offense, but I see a lot of the "elitist" attitude here. Part of the big attraction of Jeep ownership is the awesome community, the comraderie that comes from being a jeep owner. The fact that if you see a jeep broken down on the side of the road, Jeep owners are the kind that would stop to help.

But in regards to the new JK, and the Liberty owners, some of you guys are being real *****es.

Sorry, I guess Im not a big enough of an A-hole to consider myself better than other jeep owners becasue I drive a Wrangler, and they dont. LIberties are not as capable as wranglers, nothing is. But I bet you it could give an explorer a run for its miney, if not beat it.

The point is, the new JK will be a plenty capable Jeep. Just like another guy said on here. A stock CJ from the early 80's or late 70's...SUCKED compared to a stock TJ. Sucked worse than the stock JK will be, but hey...your for real though!

I see a JK, Im wavin. I see a 4 door unlimited, Im wavin. I see a friggin liberty owner..he waves....I friggin wavin!!!!

A JK not worthy of your wave? Im gonna laugh my *** off when that stock JK proves itself better than your stock TJ, CJ or whatever. Its a fact..stock yj's were better vehicles than stock CJ's. Stock TJ's were better and more capable than stock YJ's. Stock JK's will be just as good if not better than TJ's. Just my opinion, and like *****holes, we all have them, but you non wavers are still being d!cks.
Um, in a word, NO. stock CJ with 304, T18A, D44, etc. No stock YJ can beat that. Period. End of Story.

Past Jeeps: 2004 WJ Limited, 1999 Cherokee, 2003 Rubicon, 1987 Cherokee, 1976 CJ5, another 1987 Cherokee, 1976 CJ7, 1983 CJ7, 1977 CJ5, 1982 CJ7.
Unread 06-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #81
Dirty Backroads
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJVigilante
I wave to any offroad vehicle I pass. Doesn't matter if it's a jeep, a Samurai, a Chevy pickup truck...if it looks like it's an offroad built vehicle and it's actually used how it's built, then I wave.
This is my attitude as well. There's a ton of stock Wranglers running around here and they never wave and rarely return my wave so I've just given up on the stockers unless I make eye contact and get a wave or feel I will get one. Then I wave back no problem. Forget the soccer moms in the stock Cherokees, GCs or Liberties. They never take their attention off their cell phones and I wouldn't want to confuse them by waving at them! It would freak them out! But a modded XJ, GC or Liberty with mud on it is a kindred spirit and gets the wave.

If I see a modded Wrangler (regardless of CJ, YJ, TJ or JK) then I wave. I almost always get a wave back. Same with modded 4x4s in general. That's the group I relate to and those are the ones I wave to. I will include the JKs in this group. I have no problems with the JK.

Yellow Jeep Club Member #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper111
Nothing like going topless with some Kid Rock blasting looking down on the rice boys with their dropped Civics wondering what Japanese steel would look like under the Mickey Thompsons.
Unread 06-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #82
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wow. So, ummmmm . . . after reading through all six pages, there's a few things I've gotta comment upon:

1)Yeah, of course I'll wave. I wave to all Wrangler-type vehicles and any other Jeep that appears to be modded for off-road use and/or is covered in mud. So stop being elitist *****holes and BE MORE FRIENDLY!!!!

2) ROFLMAO Wooo! Hahaha! Sorry; had to catch my breath there . . . Trackers? Seriously? Ya'll do remember that this is a GEO that we're talking about? LOL The tracker . . . My old '94 Thunderbird was more capable offroad than a Tracker! . . . a Tracker . . . *ahem* Sorry. My step-brother had a tracker for a few months . . . those things are seriously a bad joke. And yes, if you put a new engine, transmission, transfer case, axles, frame on it, it can be fairly capable offroad . . . but then it isn't a Tracker/Samurai/VehiCROSS/Brat/whatever anymore, is it?

3)Why are there guys driving XJs complaining about the advent of creature comforts in the new JKs? HELLO? You're driving a UNIBODY and 90% of the XJ's total production will never see any terrain more challenging than the gravel parking lot of a little league game! I've had two XJs and a ZJ, so I'm allowed to make fun of them.

4) The Liberty? Still a Jeep. I don't like it any more than the rest of you, but I have heard vicious rumors of people who like them putting money into them to better suit their needs and actually (now these are just rumors . . .) actually taking the Liberty . . . . . . off of the paved roads! I know! Weird, huh?

I like my '03 TJ. I'm keeping my TJ. But we're buying my girlfriend an '07 Wrangler Unlimited as soon as they come out. So you had all better wave to us!
Unread 06-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #83
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMacLeod
2) ROFLMAO Wooo! Hahaha! Sorry; had to catch my breath there . . . Trackers? Seriously? Ya'll do remember that this is a GEO that we're talking about? LOL The tracker . . . My old '94 Thunderbird was more capable offroad than a Tracker! . . . a Tracker . . . *ahem* Sorry. My step-brother had a tracker for a few months . . . those things are seriously a bad joke. And yes, if you put a new engine, transmission, transfer case, axles, frame on it, it can be fairly capable offroad . . . but then it isn't a Tracker/Samurai/VehiCROSS/Brat/whatever anymore, is it?
If you lump all the above vehicles in the same lot you have no idea what you are talking about. Ask anyone that has been around 4x4's of various brands and they will tell you that a Samurai is as capable as a Wrangler. A Tracker is just a Samurai with IFS. That may lower is capability a bit but it certainly doesn't make them a bad joke.
Unread 06-20-2006, 10:14 AM   #84
tjchad

According to Jeep it is still a TJ...
Unread 06-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #85
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Okay, so I'll admit to generalizing a bit . . . but seriously, in their stock forms, there is no way that a tracker is anywhere near as capable as a wrangler. And, the wrangler responds much better to mild mods. It takes serious work to make a tracker a decent offroad vehicle.

Sorry; not trying to rag on your car . . . it's just that you have to admit that there is a definite glass ceiling to the abilities of the Tracker/Samurai.
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #86
ranger92

I think once there are a few capable, modded JKs out on the trail people will wave and they will start looking better. You just gotta cover the ugly bits with mud and make the boxy shape a little rounder by hitting a couple of rocks. I think it'll take some getting used to but the JK is a Jeep and I think (hope) it will eran its respect just like other models have. And if someone still doesn't like them they have the right to do so.

To each their own... Some people even like the Honda Element... it's a strange world

[COLOR="Navy"][I]I now offer a free bump with every post!!![/I][/COLOR]

Yes, it's an '06 Sahara cuz in Luxembourg you can get '06 Saharas.
[COLOR="White"]MPG THREAD FLAMING CLUB MEMBER #2 [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Unread 06-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #87
Snuffster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Backroads
This is my attitude as well. There's a ton of stock Wranglers running around here and they never wave and rarely return my wave so I've just given up on the stockers unless I make eye contact
It's kinda the opposite where I live. These seem to be the wave rules in my parts:

1. Only Wrangler owners do the wave, which is cool. Of course I will wave at 4x4 JK's.

2. Females NEVER wave or acknowledge you in any way, at any time. Usually have nose in the air.

3. Guys in lifted/big tire/modded Wranglers never initiate a wave to a stock Jeep. Once in a while they will return a wave initiated by a stock Wrangler driver. Happens more ofter if the stock Wrangler is dirty, scratched up and dented because that is a cool guy thing. You are uncool if yours is clean and in good repair, even if you hit trails every day and go off roading more that the guy in his Wrangler with 10K in mods, and therefore not cool enough to get a wave. When coming upon a red light, the lifted/big tire/modded Wrangler will weave through traffic, cutting other drivers off, to make sure he is right next to you when stopped so you can look at his jeep in awe, but it is a waste to wave to him because he will not look over at you. If he gets behind you, he stops with his front bumper 1 inch away from your rear bumper for the intimidation effect.

4. Stock/almost stock male Wrangler owners always wave at each other.

No offense to anyone here, that is just the rules here where I live, not everywhere I'm sure.

[QUOTE=LandRover]That was my master's degree talking. [/QUOTE]
Unread 06-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #88
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffster
It's kinda the opposite where I live. These seem to be the wave rules in my parts:

1. Only Wrangler owners do the wave, which is cool. Of course I will wave at 4x4 JK's.

2. Females NEVER wave or acknowledge you in any way, at any time. Usually have nose in the air.

3. Guys in lifted/big tire/modded Wranglers never initiate a wave to a stock Jeep. Once in a while they will return a wave initiated by a stock Wrangler driver. Happens more ofter if the stock Wrangler is dirty, scratched up and dented because that is a cool guy thing. You are uncool if yours is clean and in good repair, even if you hit trails every day and go off roading more that the guy in his Wrangler with 10K in mods, and therefore not cool enough to get a wave. When coming upon a red light, the lifted/big tire/modded Wrangler will weave through traffic, cutting other drivers off, to make sure he is right next to you when stopped so you can look at his jeep in awe, but it is a waste to wave to him because he will not look over at you. If he gets behind you, he stops with his front bumper 1 inch away from your rear bumper for the intimidation effect.

4. Stock/almost stock male Wrangler owners always wave at each other.

No offense to anyone here, that is just the rules here where I live, not everywhere I'm sure.

Wow, that's a lot to think about before waving to a fellow Jeeper !!! I just see a Jeep and wave.

97 TJ Sport (stock)
Unread 06-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #89
JurassicMan

First I will say that I will be waving to the new Jk that is until I have a Jk and then I will be waving from my Jk to all other Wranglers (except for the guy whos got neons on his). I have wanted a Wrangler my entire life and when I finally got my TJ 3 years ago and got my first wave I will say it was one of the best feelings I have ever had. My Mom begs me sometimes to drive my Jeep just so people wave to her.
Unread 06-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #90
IH8MUD

I will wave at a JK, but I will never buy one.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.