Will you wave to a JK? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Closed Thread
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #61
USAFCOP
1998 ZJ 

AMEN!....Listen Guys. Just because we like the TJ...doesnt mean it will be around forever...I loved the 87-93 Ford Mustang GT's. I owned a couple of them...But just because me and others thought they were great, Ford wont produce them forever. And I'd be willing to say...60% of TJ owners never have their rig in anything more then some mud puddles or a vacant construction site. But they are still Jeep owners!!

You don't see people who are driving neon's waving to each other, or Rangers, or Caravans........Jeep owners are the select few that are proud of what they are driving..and we have a little faimly...If I saw I jeep broken down on the side of the highway...I'd stop a Hell of a lot faster then if it was anything else.

So Just because, the JK is coming out, doesnt mean we have to exclude their owners from the club...When The YJ came out people were up in arms, when the TJ came out...well people were happy to have round headlights again. lol...but My point is, its a jeep, and its a wrangler...its just the new one..and I think a 9 year Run on the TJ was DAMN good...

So to everyone who won't wave, well your being just as bad as you think they are going to be...(refers to the poster who said they wont wave because they have a NEW jeep)....because I know I would drive my jeep if EVERYONE hated them, because I like it...and maybe the kid who doesnt wave drives one because he thinks hes cool and doesnt care that I have one....but thats his perogitive...not ours.

So I say my jeep brothers....WELCOME the new clan to our group....because tho astetically different...they look different they sound different they run different.....but they are still Jeeps....Lemme get an AMEN!!!

( feel like the Jeep malcom X model)

Hopefully a new CJ-7 project in my garage Soon enough.
USAFCOP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #62
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

amen my brother
scottyc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #63
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

With all the hate, short tempers, road rage, and intolerance we encounter everyday, why shun the new Jeep owner?

Instead of making a friend and welcoming more into the Jeep campfire, you'd honestly turn your back or otherwise discourage another Jeep owner from smiling and waving?

I am not suggesting we all get together, hold hands as we dancing a happy dance in a circle.... I'm just saying, of all the other vehicles they could have bought they did choose to buy a Jeep. Why not wave and smile?
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #64
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Drive Friendly!

Last edited by scottyc; 06-08-2006 at 08:22 AM..
scottyc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #65
Rommel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazwozel
Ok Dad. Next time I'll fall in line and make sure to LOVE everything that DC comes out with.
As has been stated like 80000000000000000000 times in various threads, this is the same grumbling that happens every 10 years when a new Jeep comes out.

This time last year we were all worrying about IFS and non-foldable windshields and NO factory soft tops. We got a very capable Jeep, maybe the MOST capable stock Jeep ever.

We have one of the longest running vehicles in automobile history. Just imagine how pissed we'd all be if DC just did away with the low-selling Wrangler entirely.

Debating about whether or not to wave to a JK? That's arrogance squared. All you haters need to get off your "we don't like comfort, AC, plastic, and improvements" high horse.

-Romm
Unread 06-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #66
BluesMan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, I'd wave
Unread 06-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #67
Glace

You know....I see all the grumbling and hate.......but when push comes to shove...50% or more of the guys that "hate" it....will check them out on the lot.....

100% of the guys who "hate" it will be all over it the first time one of their buddies that buys one goes wheeling with it.....they'll be crawling underneath it....checking it out....asking to drive it....

100% guaranteed.

Whether you like it or not.....it's still a Jeep.
Glace is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #68
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

The JK's got removable doors, removable top, solid axles at both ends, it's definitely a Jeep, and definitely worthy of the wave.

You can forget about the pansy Patriot and Compass though
Oman Jeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #69
4.0v8eater

jks will rule and are better than old ones

jks will wave to jks cause there better
4.0v8eater is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #70
04 Unlimited

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I even wave to the kid up the street in his Wrangler pedal car.
04 Unlimited is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #71
Chazwozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
As has been stated like 80000000000000000000 times in various threads, this is the same grumbling that happens every 10 years when a new Jeep comes out.

This time last year we were all worrying about IFS and non-foldable windshields and NO factory soft tops. We got a very capable Jeep, maybe the MOST capable stock Jeep ever.

We have one of the longest running vehicles in automobile history. Just imagine how pissed we'd all be if DC just did away with the low-selling Wrangler entirely.

Debating about whether or not to wave to a JK? That's arrogance squared. All you haters need to get off your "we don't like comfort, AC, plastic, and improvements" high horse.

-Romm
I like the comforts Romm...just not on a Wrangler. They don't belong on them. Wranglers are great because they're simple. In another thread you mentioned how a guy has a YJ thats got rims and neons? See it just doens't belong. I started this thread out all wrong. For that I do apologize.
Chazwozel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #72
Rommel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazwozel
I like the comforts Romm...just not on a Wrangler. They don't belong on them. Wranglers are great because they're simple. In another thread you mentioned how a guy has a YJ thats got rims and neons? See it just doens't belong. I started this thread out all wrong. For that I do apologize.
*I* certainly don't like what that guy did with his YJ, but it's HIS to do with what he pleases. But that's completely different.

People bashed the YJ when it came out. Then the TJ. Now the JK. Almost every single time "too much comfort" was listed as a reason among other things. Are you kidding me?

When Jeep focuses on comfort over kick *** trail capability then and only then will I start bashing them.

-Romm
Unread 06-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #73
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

I will only wave if it looks like it gets used and abused like all Jeeps should be.
Unread 06-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #74
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
*I* certainly don't like what that guy did with his YJ, but it's HIS to do with what he pleases. But that's completely different.

People bashed the YJ when it came out. Then the TJ. Now the JK. Almost every single time "too much comfort" was listed as a reason among other things. Are you kidding me?

When Jeep focuses on comfort over kick *** trail capability then and only then will I start bashing them.

-Romm
Yeah I agree, compfort if great, thats why I love TJ's, I love A/C(I live in Arizona, so nobody better flame me), I love my CD player, I love my seats. Compared to my buddies 76 CJ-5 my Jeep is like a Rolls Royce and It can go more places than his. BUT the JK doesnt seem like the offroad perrformance is that much better and I cant get over the ugly cute ute look they gave it.
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #75
TJVigilante
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blong83cj7
and those qualities make it a jeep? um......NO!
get over it. nobody's gonna wave to you or a samuri or a sidekick or an amigo just cause the top comes off. it's a JEEP thing!! get your own thing.
I wave to any offroad vehicle I pass. Doesn't matter if it's a jeep, a Samurai, a Chevy pickup truck...if it looks like it's an offroad built vehicle and it's actually used how it's built, then I wave. It's people like you that make Jeep owners get a bad reputation from everyone else as being arrogant *******s, just like Harley riders who think every other bike on the market is inferior.

As for the above poster....You don't think it's more capable than the current TJ? With stouter axles all around, more options for gear ratios even on the non-rubicon models, wider and longer stance for more on-trail stability, taller tire options from the factory(albeit an 18" wheel option for the pavement pounders, yuck), a more powerful and more fuel efficient engine(with the above mentioned gearing just as capable on the trail), electronic disconnecting sway bar in the Rubicon....yes it'll be way more capable than the current TJ. I don't like all the computerized driving aids though...I can do without that.

I'll wave to JK owners, and I hope others will wave to me when I'm riding around in my Rubicon 4-door Unlimited when I get the money to buy one.
TJVigilante is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.