Will you wave to a JK? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Closed Thread
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:02 AM   #46
newjeeperguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk[pperB
My Liberty will stay and go anywher a stock TJ will except the RUBICON
Put down your crack pipe and step away from the keyboard.

newjeeperguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:13 AM   #47
Luksi

hahahaa I do have to say the crackpipe joke was a classic...but still good
Unread 06-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #48
Chazwozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion
I wave to all jeeps,I have a 50/50 response,mostly from wranglers...kinda hard if you have a cell phone to ur ear.....its a jeep thing

I tend to limit myself to wranglers only due to the fact that most Liberty and Grand Cherokee owners would sooner flip you the bird then wave back. Cherokees themselves are a different animal. The modded ones always wave and I've always waved to them.

Like I said before I'll wave to the JKs, but I'm not gonna feel good about it. Something about that 4 door just doesn't seem like a Wrangler to me. I couldn't quite place it but people are right, It looks kinda like an H3.

I know many of you responded with "Hey, it's still a Jeep" I'm not gonna sugar coat it, I understand that DM is a company and they want to expand on their customer base, however, blindly accecpting all changes they make is not the way to go either. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The TJ is definetly not broke.

Im not trying to pass judgement on people's tastes and what not, but there are certain things that make a Jeep Wrangler unique. One of them is not providing automatic door locks or power windows.

Another thing is ride comfort. I didn't buy my Wrangler for a luxerously smooth ride, I bought it for off roading. Seriously, if you want a cushier SUV then get a Grand Cherokee or Liberty or Patriot. I just don't see the need for DC to "soften" up the Wrangler image with a "family friendly" 4 door wrangler. It's a friggin off- road rugged machine, sell it as such!

I'm not wild about the 2 door Rubi, but I can deal with it. A lot of the changes to it are solid and with a few mods I can definetly see them being badass offroad machines.
Chazwozel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #49
blong83cj7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert
I wave to Wranglers occasionally when driving my Tracker. I have yet to have one wave back.
WHY???

No, really why??

Why would you think a jeep would wave to a tracker?
Surely this topic has been covered already. (pssst.....it's not a jeep!!)
I think i just threw up a little.

JK gets the wave. case closed. if i wave YJ's and TJ's i'm waving to JK's too.
Seriously people... it's the same stupid arguement every ten years.
blong83cj7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 06:18 AM   #50
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blong83cj7
WHY???

No, really why??

Why would you think a jeep would wave to a tracker?
Surely this topic has been covered already. (pssst.....it's not a jeep!!)
I think i just threw up a little.
Because it is an open top 4 wheel drive vehicle that is nearly as capable as a Wrangler and more capable than most other SUV's on the market.
keithert is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #51
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was too lazy to read all the posts, so I don't know what the discussion is about other then the topic. I cant believe this is even a post! CMON your not going to wave to the JK, I think that is absurd!! Once people give this thing a chance and except the change they will realize this thing is gonna be awesome.
barry1me is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #52
jackel18
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I wave to all CJ,YJ and TJ's i've waved to other jeeps but never got a response, but if they wave to me i'll wave back. if i see a JK driving down the road i'll be the first to wave so he/she feels right at home
jackel18 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #53
blong83cj7

Quote:
Because it is an open top 4 wheel drive vehicle that is nearly as capable as a Wrangler and more capable than most other SUV's on the market.
and those qualities make it a jeep? um......NO!
get over it. nobody's gonna wave to you or a samuri or a sidekick or an amigo just cause the top comes off. it's a JEEP thing!! get your own thing.
blong83cj7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #54
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

keithert didn't say he expected them to wave back. Sometimes I wave at Wranglers from my 96 Dodge Avenger, too. I don't expect them to wave back (though I have had people wave back). It never hurts to be friendly!
scottyc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #55
Rush
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Id also say its capability was debatable. I wont say that for certain, becasue I have never seen one offroad.

However that same fact is the cause for my debate. The fact that I have NEVER....EVER seen one off road.
Rush is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #56
Think

It may look different, but just like the TJ, the JK has great offroad capabilities. besides, the windshield still folds down, so why not wave?

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]I'm not a vegetarian because I like animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants[/COLOR]
Think is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #57
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
Id also say its capability was debatable. I wont say that for certain, becasue I have never seen one offroad.

However that same fact is the cause for my debate. The fact that I have NEVER....EVER seen one off road.
Check out www.zukiworld.com for more in their capability. With just M/T tires on mine I have followed a somewhat built XJ at club events and had no troubles.
keithert is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #58
Little Lisa
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm glad I bought my Jeep this year. Sheesh...

I'd wave though.
Blue Jeep Club Member #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBowie View Post
Lady Jeepers are hotter than mortal women, but perhaps a bit less pinkish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCHIAN78 View Post
Whats wrong with stock jeeps? Id rather have a stock jeep than a modded H2. :D:laugh:
Little Lisa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #59
Glace

I tell you what fellas.....not waving to a JK is just ridiculous.

I'm going to be driving one this year if my financial situation allows for it....You'll all get my wave. I'm happy to be coming back to the Jeep community.

I strayed when I bought my Colorado......never again!
Glace is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #60
Chazwozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Think before you speak.

-Romm

Ok Dad. Next time I'll fall in line and make sure to LOVE everything that DC comes out with.
Chazwozel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.