Will you wave to a JK? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREEThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Closed Thread
Unread 06-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #31
4JEEPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
....Its a fact..stock yj's were better vehicles than stock CJ's....
.....So your saying the 87 YJ was better than the 86 CJ? That the dana 35 is better than the dana 44? That a vacumed front axle is better than a non vacumed axle.. That no hubs are better than hubs, that a low air intake is better than a higher one. That the BA10 is better than say the T-5? Just wondering? Sorry about about that, I am just an old CJ guy who could not resist.... LOL but back to the topic, if you see another jeep, any jeep, one should wave, period.

Unread 06-03-2006, 06:51 AM   #32
sqeekers

You guys just realize the day you get stuck or break down and it's a JK owner there to help you, are you not gonna wave to them for help. Or are you going to put your tail in between your legs and realize they are Jeep owners also. I will wave to all Jeeps who know when I'll meet someone cool from waving at them. I know I hated to see the rugged YJ leave for the plush TJ but they proved them selves worthy, so even though I don't like the JK now I will give them a chance to see how they prove themselves.
88' XJ 4dr., 4x4, 4.0 mounted to a 5 speed Pukegoat, Pacesetter Header and DP, Dynomax, Hi flow Cat, 62mm Bored TB, 1" TB spacer, 11mm SP wires, 180* Tstat, and 235/75/15r Goodyear SilentArmour AT, Rock Slider/Steps (stock).
sqeekers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 07:01 AM   #33
Batman89-

Quote:
Jeepers are not just owners of a wrangler, heck most wrangler owners don't even deserve to be called Jeepers. A Jeeper is any model Jeep owner that embraces in his/ her car and uses it. A Jeeper is a good fun person not someone that bought a Jeep to own a Jeep, also to be a Jeeper I think it is mandantory to know how to at least place the TCase shifter into 4WD.
Yes, but the wave is usually most popular with Wranglers. That's all I wave to. It'd be pointless for me to wave to a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Liberty, unless I owned them and drove them while I was doing the waving.
Dual Tops. [/color][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
Batman89- is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #34
CLynn85

Seriously, what's with this elitest attitude. It's a community, not an exclusive club.

They are the next Jeeps, just accept it and be happy that there's more people out there that are continuing to enjoy this great genre of vehicles and there are even some that still like to kick it in 4wd and have some fun with them.

With that said of course I'll wave.
Unread 06-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #35
Vermilion
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I wave to all jeeps,I have a 50/50 response,mostly from wranglers...kinda hard if you have a cell phone to ur ear.....its a jeep thing
Vermilion is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #36
Vermilion
2000 TJ Wrangler 

tj's are not yuppie,maybe yipee!!!!! but not yuppie,now let me get back to wallstreet journal,gotta update my gas stocks...
Vermilion is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #37
exc911ence

No one waves* in Vancouver.

* Although I got a nod a couple of times, one from a CJ-7 driver and another from a modded YJ owner.
exc911ence is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #38
newjeeperguy

I wave to all wranglers CJ's, YJ's, TJ's and soon to wave at JK's. I dont bother waving to to the rest because they are just grocery getters or moms on the way to picking up kids from soccer practice. Libby's should have been put under the Dodge name instead of Jeep.
newjeeperguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #39
Batman89-

^ Exactly.
Dual Tops. [/color][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
Batman89- is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #40
twinjeep97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I always wave

why did someone make a stereotype and say kids in h.s. dont have, im in highschool , i have a Tj and i always wave. My dad has taught me "the wave" since we first got our jeep when i was 13 yrs old!!
twinjeep97 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #41
mcgoo26
2006 TJ Wrangler 

this sounds like someone is going up for head cheerleader or something. DONT HATE!! lol
mcgoo26 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #42
Sk[pperB

at a meeting yesterday we discussed this issue.
a young lady (23) with a Unlimited said she did not wave. when she had her
wrangler X said guys rater her jeep and it P--- her off .she paid for it and it was hers. now she says only true Split tails think one jeep is better than the other
maybe that why so many girls don't wave.
Not meant for anyone, it was just funny that she said it, her boyfriend has an old
Cherokee to trail and drives a liberty for work. kind of like my family except
there is 20 years different
When I saw her unlimited it had 33" so it had a lift and a nice winch and rear bumper with tire Carrier. My wife was talking jeeps with her about the ride
I want the 4DOOR and will take it to Coal Creek TN just like all my Jeeps

My Liberty will stay and go anywher a stock TJ will except the RUBICON

Last edited by Sk[pperB; 06-03-2006 at 07:42 PM..
Sk[pperB is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #43
SurvCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinjeep97
why did someone make a stereotype and say kids in h.s. dont have, im in highschool , i have a Tj and i always wave. My dad has taught me "the wave" since we first got our jeep when i was 13 yrs old!!
One did say something about high school kids and jeeps, but he also said "not all h.s. kids"
SurvCat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #44
whammer

I for one miss the Jeep wave after having 3 Wranglers over the past 10 years....I traded my Rubicon about a year ago for a Liberty CRD. The 12 mpg was just killing me when I started having a 40 mile all in-town drive to work every day. I do get a few waves now and then since I put on a lift and 32 inch Mud-Terrain BFG's on the Libby. And I will be getting a new JK when they come out....changed jobs, 1.5 miles from my house, don't need the clackety clackety diesel anymore, I won't be getting a Rubi this time though, its just too much for a daily driver. But how I miss it so....W
whammer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #45
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wave to Wranglers occasionally when driving my Tracker. I have yet to have one wave back.
keithert is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.